Job Title: Trainee Test Analyst
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-05-13
Close date: 2019-06-28
Closing date for applications: 28-06-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate 20 consumer websites on desktop, tablet and mobile and in a multitude of different languages. We sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe. We also operate 4 business-to-business websites, allowing our global wholesale customers to place orders online.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This trainee role, sitting within our Test team, will play a vital role in ensuring that new developments are thoroughly and meticulously tested, with issues and improvements identified and passed back to the developers for further work, prior to final testing before release to the live environment.
We are looking for energetic, dynamic and highly motivated people looking for their first role in an ecommerce environment. We’ll provide full training so previous experience in a testing role is not required, however you’ll be technology literate with a strong desire to work in the ecommerce industry. You’ll also be thorough with excellent attention to detail, analytical and logical in your nature, and able to learn new skills.
- Train in all aspects of testing new development for our ecommerce websites, and in providing support to website users post-launch. As your experience and capability in the role develop, you’ll also:
- Work closely with the project teams of Developers and Business Analysts to ensure full coverage of business requirements relating to website testing and support.
- Provide full test estimates covering the entire testing cycle from test planning, test case writing, test execution, regression testing and retests.
- Develop testing scripts that capture all possible functionalities and eventualities, ensuring that comprehensive and thorough testing takes place.
- Conduct detailed manual testing of website developments across multiple devices, operating systems and browsers including desktop, mobile and tablet; Windows, IOS and Android; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Conduct positive testing, checking that the sites work how they are designed to work, and negative testing, trying to break them by using them in ways they were not necessarily designed to be used.
- Identify defects, issues, problems and potential improvements, and log these on the JIRA issue tracking tool, then work closely with the website developers to ensure that they fully understand the amends and changes required.
- When development amends are completed, retest and repeat the process until no further defects are identified, then recommend the developments for release to the live environment.
- Conduct regression testing on the websites to ensure that new developments do not have any unintended consequences on the existing functionality of the sites.
- Conduct smoke testing once the developments are released to the live environment.
- Highly motivated to begin a career in the ecommerce industry, and able to articulate why.
- Experienced in the workplace in some capacity, you’ll have worked in an office environment before.
- Driven, energetic, motivated and hungry, with an exceptional work ethic
- An excellent learner, able to take on complex technical information and understand it.
- Curious, inquisitive, and willing to ask lots of questions.
- Computer literate with good previous experience of using technology.
- Logical, analytical and thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- A strong verbal and written communicator, good with people and highly interactive.
- An excellent organiser with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply