Job Title: Full Stack PHP Developers
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-07-16
Close date: 2019-08-02
Closing date for applications: 02-08-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
PHP Full Stack Web Developers – Digital Technology – Cheltenham
Junior, Mid-Range & Senior Developer opportunities available
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate 20 consumer websites on desktop, tablet and mobile and in a multitude of different languages. We sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe. We also operate 4 business-to-business websites, allowing our global wholesale customers to place orders online.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. These roles, sitting within our web development team, will play a key role in the delivery of new websites, improvements to usability, and crucial back end systems.
The successful candidates will be expected to contribute to the existing and future development of our ecommerce platforms by providing high quality development and recommendations for improvements, working collaboratively with colleagues across the Digital function. The roles will suit candidates with solid experience in PHP development, from mid-range up to senior levels, who are passionate to make a difference and become a part of a team supporting a truly global business. We are also interested in talking to more junior developers with limited experience who are looking for a chance to learn and develop under the guidance of more experienced developers.
- Work as a hands-on developer to develop new features and functionality for both the front end and back end of our ecommerce B2B websites, programming in PHP.
- Assist in leading the development team to ensure project deadlines are met and resourced appropriately.
- Escalate issues alongside solutions with timeframes, risks and efforts calculated.
- Take business requirements and create a full technical solution for delivery.
- Feedback to other members of the team to provide suggestions on code quality.
- Articulate proposed solutions and changes to other members of the development team, project managers and business stakeholders across a range of technical competencies.
- Work with architects to ensure the solution is sitting in line with their recommendations and the technical strategy.
- Set timelines and deliver against them within a project lifecycle.
- Someone with experience working as a PHP developer within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As we have vacancies at different levels, we will consider good PHP developers regardless of depth of experience.
- Able to work under pressure and change direction with very little notice.
- Interested in working on new and exciting features.
- Willing to try new things and not being afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Knowledgeable of the development life cycle and able to work collaboratively with other teams across the lifecycle.
- Quick to pick up and work with new technologies, learn from more senior members of the team.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or willing to relocate for the role.
- Desirable but not essential experience in the Laravel PHP framework, VueJS, or other prominent PHP / front-end frameworks.
- Desirable but not essential experience in writing unit / functional tests.
- Desirable but not essential experience of AWS / Vagrant / Docker.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply