Job Title: Trims and Components Manager
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-05-13
Close date: 2019-05-27
Closing date for applications: 27-05-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
A brilliant opportunity has arisen with our Sourcing & Production Department as Trims and Components Manager, to oversee all elements of activity within the specialist categories of Trims and Components. This fast paced role will involve working closely with the Merchandising, Category Management and Design teams to turn ideas into great merchandise. Reporting to the Global Production Manager, you will be managing all elements of the supply base to ensure our market leading designs are manufactured to a high standard and delivered on time. In Addition to this you will support the overall Production and Sourcing functions with project control, tracking and reporting on a monthly basis.
This role will suit an experienced professional ideally from within the apparel industry, you’ll be an excellent communicator and relationship builder, with strong negotiation and influencing skills and meticulous attention to detail. Strong system and reporting skills are vital for the role project management experience would be highly beneficial.
- Support the strategic objectives of the business/department by maintaining and developing an effective supplier recruitment and induction process.
- Ensure that we are able to deliver our goals in the relevant categories by having in place an appropriate network of high quality, capable suppliers.
- Manage relationships and negotiations with current approved care label and swing ticket provider.
- Maintain all system and tracking updates to ensure all accurate information is supplied to our trim and component supply base and on time delivery is achieved.
- Set up and maintain the seasonal data of all the swing ticket and label systems.
- Ensure all day to day internal and external label and swing tickets enquires are dealt with and resolved efficiently.
- Secure cost efficiencies through effective negotiation with suppliers by accurately analysing benchmark costings with existing and potential suppliers.
- Research supplier innovations and the latest market trends to support the Design team in the development of innovations.
- Take responsibility for analysing business demand, forecast volumes and action developments to ensure commercial opportunities are identified and capitalised on.
- Visit factories as necessary throughout the cost negotiation, development and production stages to assess adherence to our ethical and technical compliance standards.
- Manage projects within deadlines and in-line with the strategic direction of the department.
- Deliver both country and supply base mixed in line with seasonal plan to support supply requirements within those regions.
- Use global growth to leverage scale for quality and price.
- Improve on the current sustainable sourcing approach.
- Deal with day-to-day supplier enquiries regarding Trims and Components sourcing.
- Build an approved global database of Superdry Trim and Component suppliers.
- Produce an accurate and timely monthly Project Report for the entire Sourcing and Production function.
- Monitor and report the benefits delivery in support of the department strategy on a monthly basis including strategic benefits/KPI’s, with clear operational owners and targets.
- Experienced and knowledgeable about product and suppliers ideally within the fashion sector.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with suppliers and the supplier tendering process.
- Equipped with a good knowledge relating to critical path and calendar management.
- An excellent organiser, with strong project management and planning skills as well as the proven ability to prioritise multiple projects while maintaining minute attention to detail and accurate work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Analytical and data driven, with phenomenal attention to detail.
- A strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to influence and establish credible relationships with suppliers, customers and employees.
- A good negotiator with the ability to find pragmatic solutions that work for all parties.
- Equipped with good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Able to travel to visit suppliers as required.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply