Job Title: Head of Investor Relations
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-04-16
Close date: 2019-05-17
Closing date for applications: 17-05-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Anyone who reads the business news will be well aware that Superdry has recently undergone significant change at the top, with our founder Julian Dunkerton returning as interim CEO and Peter Williams being installed as Chairman following a shareholder vote at an extraordinary general meeting. As our business enters the next phase of our evolution under this new leadership, the support of our investors will be critical in our pursuit of success. Managing and cultivating our relationships with key investors, helping them to understand our evolving strategy and getting their backing and support, will be a key element in returning our profits and share price to their previous highs.
To enable this, we are seeking an experienced Head of Investor Relations to work closely with our Board, Executive Committee and our major shareholders across the world. You’ll be well versed in all aspects of the IR world and will understand how the city works, who the key players are, and what strategies are required to manage investor relationships effectively. You’ll come equipped with well established relationships with major investors and a positive reputation within the investor community.
You’ll also be up for a challenge. This is not a run-of-the-mill IR job. These are exceptional times here at Superdry and our investors are paying extremely close attention to how we perform under our new leadership. We need someone who is tough enough to handle the scrutiny that we’ll be under, with the commercial skills to fully understand and communicate an evolving strategy in a way that secures buy-in from an audience who will at times be sceptical, and will always be direct, challenging and highly motivated to ensure that success is delivered.
- Lead our relationships with major city investors, communicating about our evolving strategy and securing support for our plans and direction, thus ensuring their continued commitment to invest in the business.
- Proactively work with brokers to ensure a continuous stream of new investor interest in the business.
- Effectively communicate with the wider financial community using a variety of channels and resources.
- Ensure all external communication regarding business performance is clear and accurate and that external expectations are managed prior to formal announcements.
- Lead the production of the annual report and accounts, with specific responsibility for consolidating the “front half” of the report.
- Analyse information on the capital market and shareholder and other investor behaviours in order to systematically inform the Board and Executive team on status developments, and the investment community’s attitude towards Superdry.
- Manage the planning and flow of corporate public relations information through our third party support company.
- Safeguard our reputation through the creation of a PR risk framework.
- Significantly experienced in investor relations and financial communications for a major UK plc business, ideally in or around the retail sector, though candidates from other sectors will also be welcome to apply.
- Well networked within the investor community with strong pre-existing relationships with major investors, able to build trust and confidence within the investment community.
- A highly commercial and strategic thinker with the capability to execute the role tactically, combined with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key leaders in and around the business including the returning CEO/founder, and provide direction and influence at Board level.
- Comfortable working in a challenging environment where the share price needs rebuilding and investor trust in the brand is lower than we’re used to. Excited about embracing the challenges that are inherent in our current situation and keen to play a significant part in our comeback.
- Able to persuasively present both financial and strategic information in both written and oral form.
- A qualified finance professional with a strong professional finance background prior to your IR career.
- Able to work at least 3 days per week at our Cheltenham head office and spend significant time in London and abroad at key times in the investment cycle.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Car allowance
- Bonus opportunity
- Private Medical
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply