Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-04-05
Close date: 2019-05-05
Closing date for applications: 05-05-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Add some context here around what your department and your team do. How do you help the business to achieve its aims? Why are you a key part of what makes the company successful? Also, what is the context in which the role has arisen? And, add a very short one sentence summary of what the role is doing and what you’re looking for.
- Assist in the preparation of the consolidated IFRS Group accounts and notes that form the back half of the published Annual Report.
- Act as a key contact and have a hands on role in the success of the Group audits at year end and interim.
- Implement new financial reporting standards that affect the Group and be aware of new upcoming financial reporting standards.
- Be responsible for and prepare the local GAAP statutory accounts for our UK and overseas entities.
- Project manage and take ownership for the audits of our UK and overseas entities.
- Monitor intercompany recharges and compliance with transfer pricing requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packs for overseas entities.
- Validate information reported in trade announcements to the City.
- Provide support to the Finance senior management team and peers as required.
- A qualified accountant (ACA preferred, or ACCA) with IFRS financial reporting or Big 6 audit experience.
- This role would be ideal for someone who is newly qualified, as a first job in industry.
- Proactive, driven, resilient and able to work under your own initiative.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to change your approach depending on audience.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
- An ability to work under pressure to set deadlines.
- An analytical thinker and local problem solver.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply