Job Title: Q&T Technologist
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 05.12.2020
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Quality & Technical team as a Q&T Technologist. Within this role, you will manage and lead a team of technologists to create the best expression of each style, collaborating with Design to ensure the highest technical, quality and fit standards from initial sample through to production. This role requires strong presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) and a creative and solutions-focussed approach.
• Review Photo Samples and complete quality & technical comments
• Review SMS and complete quality & technical comments
• Create Technical Design Packs
• Manage new shape & fit development for Sub Brands (in conjunction with CoE 2D specialist)
• Manage Proto samples for Sub Brands
• Confirm fit for Style Choice product
• Complete risk assessments for construction & performance
• Develop in-season print techniques, washes and trims (where necessary)
• Create fabric BOMs
• Manage re-sourcing and dual-sourcing within Style Choice
• Complete handovers to the Regional Offices & act as point of contact for production
• Review new key fabrics (in conjunction with Fabric Team)
• Complete PPS and SHS comments
• Manage SMUs and changes to production
• Optimise garment construction & pattern engineering for production
• Support CoE on projects and/or specialist areas, as required
• Contribute to training for the Regional Offices, collaborating with the QA Team
• Collaborate with the QA Team on styles/suppliers with quality failure
• Complete comp shops, store visits and reports
• Manage and review the critical path
• Deliver or contribute to other tasks/projects as necessary
- A graduate with a relevant degree
- An experienced Technologist, with 3 to 5 years in a similar role
- Responsible for your own performance and development
- Continuously seeking to gain knowledge and expertise on the latest innovations, developments and technology
- Adept at building effective relationships, communicating & engaging with colleagues and suppliers at all levels
- Confident, commercial and well-founded in your approach to making decisions quickly and effectively
- Experienced in fit development and working with a varied off-shore supply base
- Able to embrace change in a busy environment
- Available to travel if required, to support business needs, even if this is at short notice.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply