Job Title: Garment Technologist Studios - Maternity Cover
Type: Fixed Term Employed Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 30.04.2021
Hours: Fixed Term Employed Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Quality & Technical team as a Garment Technologist for Studios. Within this role, you will manage and lead a team of technologists to create the best expression of each style, collaborating with Design to ensure the highest technical, quality and fit standards from initial sample through to production. This role requires strong presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) and a creative and solutions-focused approach.
- Complete quality & technical comments
- Manage new shape & fit development for Sub Brands (in conjunction with CoE 2D specialist)
- Confirm fit for Studios product
- Complete risk assessments for construction & performance
- Develop in-season print techniques, washes and trims (where necessary)
- Manage re-sourcing and dual-sourcing within Studios
- Complete handovers to the Regional Offices & act as point of contact for production
- Review new key fabrics (in conjunction with Fabric Team)
- Optimise garment construction & pattern engineering for production
- Support CoE on projects and/or specialist areas, as required
- Contribute to training for the Regional Offices, collaborating with the QA Team
- Collaborate with the QA Team on styles/suppliers with quality failure
- Complete comp shops, store visits and reports
- Manage and review the critical path
- Deliver or contribute to other tasks/projects as necessary
- A graduate with a relevant degree
- An experienced Technologist, with 3 to 5 years in a similar role
- Responsible for your own performance and development
- Continuously seeking to gain knowledge and expertise on the latest innovations, developments and technology
- Adept at building effective relationships, communicating & engaging with colleagues and suppliers at all levels
- Confident, commercial and well-founded in your approach to making decisions quickly and effectively
- Experienced in fit development and working with a varied off-shore supply base
- Able to embrace change in a busy environment
- Available to travel if required, to support business needs, even if this is at short notice.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Company Pension scheme
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. Whilst none of us like to think too much about what would happen if we were to die, we feel it’s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary
- A big staff discount – naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you’ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online and our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock
- A health cash plan is open to all employees.
- Private Medical cover - a taxable benefit, which managers are eligible to opt in to
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance
- We want you to share in our success and so we have a choice of Share Save schemes you can opt into
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it’s free and confidential
- You’ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire/purchase scheme along with a massive range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We’re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves when they are at work. We obviously feel their voices speak volumes.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we’re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Download job description Apply