Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-03-11
Close date: 2019-04-01
Closing date for applications: 01-04-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales.We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in our Cheltenham head office for Management Accountant to aid in the consolidated month end accounts and to provide timely and accurate management information to a wide-ranging audience across the business.
We’re seeking a delivery focused, utterly reliable and solution orientated Accountant, who is analytical and has strong spreadsheet skills with the experience necessary to be effective immediately working within our global finance team.
- Support the financial accounts process with accurate reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts and profit and loss analysis
- Aid in the production of monthly-consolidated management accounts and financial statements
- Investigate and report anomalies arising from accounts preparation
- Produce timely and accurate analysis of the management accounts
- Improve processes to speed up month end and enhance controls
- Contribute towards the budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure effective financial planning.
- Assist with adhoc projects
- Design improved reporting tools and balance sheet reconciliations processes
- Ensure the business complies with accounting standards and legislative frameworks
- Work with the company’s external and internal auditors to ensure a clean audit, thus minimising risk
- Work with the senior management team and peers providing support as necessary
- Have developed an understanding of the underlying performance of your business areas via weekly operational reports
- A part qualified accountant i.e. ACCA, CIMA, ACA.
- Highly analytical with strong Excel skills.
- Experienced in the production of consolidated month end accounts, in a fast-paced environment, working to very tight deadlines.
- Preferably experienced in working with international entity accounts.
- Ideally experienced in a retail or FMCG business
- Ideally experienced in audit processes, either internally or externally.
- Able to deliver consistently against deadlines to a high standard, with a real focus on delivery.
- A strong communicator with the ability to interact across all levels of the business.
- Able to explain complex financial information to non-finance people in a clear and engaging way.
- Able to foster strong working relationships with the team and with cross-functional team members.
- Experienced in working with accounting systems, ideally CODA.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply