Job Title: Tax Manager
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-03-28
Close date: 2019-04-26
Closing date for applications: 26-04-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our continued growth and expansion creates additional challenges for our Finance team, as the more territories we operate in, the more complex our financial arrangements become. To support the ongoing growth of the business we are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Tax Manager to manage the tax affairs of the Group. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller we are seeking a qualified tax accountant with experience earned in a large international business.
- Take responsibility for the tax affairs of all Group businesses, including managing and implementing Group tax policy and strategy.
- Manage Group direct and indirect tax compliance for multiple tax jurisdictions including liaison with internal finance teams and external advisors.
- Take responsibility for the Group Transfer pricing policy including support to the business with implementation.
- Prepare and present tax updates to the Audit Committee.
- Take responsibility for Senior Accounting Officer reviews, HMRC risk reviews and other international tax audits.
- Attend meetings with foreign tax authorities and negotiate settlements.
- Prepare Group IFRS tax provisions for group audit and tax forecasting.
- Act as the main point for contact for tax matters both internally and externally, providing tax approval for business projects.
- Ensure that tax advice is implemented through the business, liaising with the most suitable teams and creating step plans that are clear for non-tax specialists.
- Develop strong relationships with key individuals across the Executive team to ensure tax is on the agenda.
- Manage the tax team including a US-based tax manager
- Have additional responsibility for a number of Treasury related activities relating to foreign exchange and cashflow reporting/forecasting. This activity is a small proportion of the role compared to the main tax focus.
- A qualified accountant (CTA, ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with post qualification experience and significant tax experience.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong communicator able to present confidently to senior level decision makers.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- This role is also eligible for private medical insurance.
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply