Job Title: Tax & Treasury Accountant
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-01-09
Close date: 2019-01-25
Closing date for applications: 25-01-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £96m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our continued growth and expansion creates additional challenges for our Finance team, as the more territories we operate in, the more complex our financial arrangements become. To support our ongoing growth of the business and our existing Treasury team, we are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Tax & Treasury Accountant to manage activity and reporting across the two areas. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller and working closely alongside the Group Treasurer, we are seeking a qualified accountant or a full or part qualified treasurer with tax and treasury experience earned in a large international business.
- Take responsibility for the tax affairs of all Group businesses, including managing and implementing Group tax policy and strategy.
- Manage Group direct and indirect tax compliance for multiple tax jurisdictions including liaison with internal finance teams and external advisors.
- Take responsibility for the Group Transfer pricing policy including support to the business with implementation.
- Prepare and present tax updates to the Audit Committee.
- Take responsibility for Senior Accounting Officer reviews, HMRC risk reviews and other international tax audits.
- Attend meetings with foreign tax authorities and negotiate settlements.
- Prepare Group IFRS tax provisions for group audit and tax forecasting.
- Act as the main point for contact for tax matters both internally and externally, providing tax approval for business projects.
- Ensure that tax advice is implemented through the business, liaising with the most suitable teams and creating step plans that are clear for non-tax specialists.
- Develop strong relationships with key individuals across the Executive team to ensure tax is on the agenda.
- Manage the tax team including a US-based tax manager.
- Produce monthly reports on treasury and foreign exchange activity.
- Manage transaction accounting including tracking, reporting and settling balances.
- Monitor foreign exchange exposures.
- Produce cashflow forecasts.
- Manage inter-company loans and balances including settlements of these.
- Overseeing bank facility compliance including covenant compliance.
- Manage the opening and closing of company bank accounts including Know Your Customer compliance.
- Track and report on bank charges.
- Manage bank and treasury system user access.
- Oversee inward guarantees including advising the Credit Control team on credit risk, structure and presentations.
- Manage outward guarantees including applying to banks on behalf of Property, Logistics and other functions, whilst monitoring and reporting on facility usage.
- Sit on the Group Treasury Committee and play an integral part in our decision making.
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with post qualification experience and significant tax accounting experience.
- A qualified or part qualified Treasurer (ACT) with significant treasury experience.
- Experienced in Hedge Accounting under IFRS 9 and IAS 39.
- Experienced in the use of Treasury Management systems such as Bellin, IT2, Salmon or Wallstreet.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong communicator able to present confidently to senior level decision makers.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- This role is also eligible for private medical insurance.
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply