Job Title: Junior Designer - Childrenswear
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2019-01-15
Close date: 2019-01-31
Closing date for applications: 31-01-2019
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j_logo_2.jpg
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales.We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
We are immensely excited to be launching Superdry Kids in 2019 catering for 6-12 year olds and therefore have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Childrenswear Junior Designer to join the team and help shape our newest category. Working within our talented team you will build a creative and innovative range in line with the Superdry design global vision.
When applying for this role please attach a copy of your portfolio.
- Design amazing new product in a wide range of fabrics and styles in line with critical path deadlines
- Prepare a series of design ideas and inspirations for each season, driving and influencing the
- category commerciality, our Brand DNA and innovation
- Research competitors and trend/street style that is relevant and new for our brand
- Take responsibility for knowing our supply base and their capabilities
- Consider the trim/labelling requirements which is integral to our designs, working closely with our
- in-house branding team
- Push the boundaries of innovation bringing fresh, current ideas and concepts to your category
- Have a commercial awareness of what’s current within the market
- Liaise with Category Management to discuss best sellers and up to date sales and action developments based on any new learnings
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the supply base and understanding of colour, fabric, branding and trims, with a focus on jersey and wovens.
- Create accurate tech and design packs to provide information to suppliers and the wider business, ensuring that they are clear to produce “right first time” samples.
- Take responsibility of CAD overviews for updates and range sign off meetings.
- Take responsibility for accurate PLM system input and take ownership of your option counts and sampling
- Attend Quality and Technical fit sessions and SMS handovers; taking clear notes, collating information and actioning design amendments
- Liaise with legal and understand design legality
- Educated to degree level in Fashion design
- Passionate about design and able to demonstrate an understanding of the Superdry handwriting and brand DNA
- Experienced in working within a garment design related role with a jersey focus
- Experienced in using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft office, PLM
- Confident to own areas within a category with little or no referral from seniors
- A good communicator with an enthusiastic and engaging manner
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A team player
- Skilled in time management
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn new skills and demonstrate a can-do approach
- Able to work with limited referral; self sufficient
- Able to communicate category information to key stakeholders
- Based within commutable distance to our head office in Cheltenham
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply