Job Title: Junior Designer Menswear Jersey
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-11-07
Close date: 2018-11-21
Closing date for applications: 21-11-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales.We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our design team have an amazing opportunity for a Junior Designer to join the Menswear Jersey team. Working within our talented team you will build a creative and innovative range in line with the Superdry design global vision.
When applying for this role please attach a copy of your portfolio.
- Push the boundaries of innovation bringing fresh, current ideas and concepts to your category
- Have a commercial awareness of what’s current within the market
- Liaise with Category Management to discuss best sellers and up to date sales and action developments based on any new learnings
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the supply base and understanding of colour, fabric, branding and trims, with a focus on jersey
- Manage samples in and out of the showroom, organising and preparing for showroom meetings
- Ensure category specific trend, photo and inspiration reports are produced after trips.
- Attend weekly design meetings to share ideas and hear about business updates with the rest of the team
- Create accurate tech and design packs to provide information to suppliers and the wider business, ensuring that they are clear to produce “right first time” samples.
- Take responsibility of CAD overviews for updates and range sign off meetings.
- Liaise and communicate with suppliers, ensuring all design developments are on schedule and they are clear on progress
- Take responsibility for accurate PLM system input and take ownership of your option counts and sampling
- Attend Quality and Technical fit sessions and SMS handovers; taking clear notes, collating information and actioning design amendments
- Work closely with buying and senior management to support with fast track and any in season injections
- Support critical path management by preparing for key meetings and have responsibility for sending and tracking post, ensuring all shipping paperwork is accurate
- Liaise with legal and understand design legality
- Educated to degree level in Fashion design
- Passionate about design and able to demonstrate an understanding of the Superdry handwriting and brand DNA
- Experienced in working within a garment design related role with a jersey focus
- Experienced in using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft office
- Confident to own areas within a category with little or no referral from seniors
- A good communicator with an enthusiastic and engaging manner
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A team player
- Skilled in time management
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn new skills and demonstrate a can-do approach
- Able to work with limited referral; self sufficient
- Able to communicate category information to key stakeholders
- Based within commutable distance to our head office in Cheltenham
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply