Job Title: Womenswear Assistant Designer- Knitwear, Lounge, Swim and Underwear
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-11-05
Close date: 2018-11-30
Closing date for applications: 30-11-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £750m, £87m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
Superdry has an exciting opportunity to join a growing Womenswear team, as an Assistant Designer you will support the Lead designer to help develop and design the knitwear, lounge, swim and underwear range.
In a fast-paced environment, you will be expected to travel for inspiration and product development with the team. It is important to us this person has the desire to help bring our collection into the future, while maintaining the integrity of our brand’s heritage.
The successful candidate will bring innovation, creativity and energy to our team, collaborate closely with Designers, Garment Technologists and factory suppliers.
Please include your portfolio with your application.
- Proactively support the wider design team, through working accurately, effectively and efficiently across categories
- Actively contribute amazing design ideas, research and design concepts to the team
- Regularly monitor trend and street style, that is relevant and new for our brand
- Produce accurate design and tech packs for both you and the team
- Upload and organise the teams’ designs onto our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system and prepare overviews for key meetings
- Own the management of proto and photo samples in and out of the showroom, organising and preparing for meetings
- Create colour palettes for each design direction story and cut swatches, pantone reference and share with the wider team
- Attend Garment Tech fit sessions and SMS handovers, taking clear notes where required and action any design amendments
- Work closely with our Buying team to support with fast track and any “in season” injections
- Send and track post, ensuring all shipping paperwork is accurate
- Educated to degree level in Fashion Design
- Someone that already has a couple years’ experience working as an Assistant Designer in Knitwear would be preferable.
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Passionate about our brand and design
- Highly aware of our core/target customer and brand DNA
- Well organised, with a strong work ethic
- A team player with a positive can-do approach
- Someone that thrives working independently
- A quick learner with an eye for detail and creative flair
- Able to work in a fast-paced team
- An excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, professional, and engaging manner
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to your hours
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply