Job Title: Apprenticeship Finance Administrator
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-11-06
Close date: 2018-11-21
Closing date for applications: 21-11-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Superdry have recently entered into a partnership with Gloucestershire College, allowing us to recruit and develop apprentices in a variety of head office departments. The apprenticeship roles will combine a real job with real responsibilities with study towards a recognised vocational qualification, with support, development and mentoring to help our apprentices grow into a long and successful career with us.
The Procurement function at Superdry is still relatively new and was created just a couple of years ago, but we’re now building the team! Procurement play a pivotal role in selecting and managing over 2,000 global suppliers, adding value to the business making sure we work with only the best partners to help us grow.
An opportunity has now arisen for an apprentice to join our Procurement team in this newly created role of Apprentice Procurement Coordinator, to provide administration and data support. This is a busy role, based in our head offices in Cheltenham. You will support the department by providing spend reporting and data analysis, track and forecast cost savings and benefits, assist with pricing proposal comparisons and manage transactional processes and systems as well as the administration support
You will need to be happy working with large volumes of data, be an Excel user, and be excited by the opportunity to come into a new role in a growing team.
The successful candidate will study towards a Business Administration NVQ and will enjoy a vibrant, fast paced and friendly working environment with loads of help and support.
- Update and maintain the contract database using Excel, ensuring that it holds relevant and accurate data
- Ensure that you maintain live, accurate and detailed spend data for suppliers across the business
- Track benefits and savings brought by the Procurement department in an easy to follow dashboard
- Identify, research and evaluate new suppliers by owning the new supplier onboarding process.
- Work closely with colleagues across the broader Finance function, as well as stakeholders across the wider business
- Support with all administration in the department
- Comfortable dealing with large volumes of data and numerical with an analytical approach
- Familiar with Excel and have experience of using spreadsheets
- Eager to learn, inquisitive, methodical and excited to build a career in Procurement
- Able to cope with the pressures of working within a fast paced environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced team and manage high volumes of different kinds of work
- Effective at juggling multiple requirements at any one time
- Able to work quickly and accurately, keeping errors to an absolute minimum
- A quick learner, able to become familiar with new tasks, processes and systems quickly
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to get involved in anything and everything
- An excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, articulate, professional, and engaging manner
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Apprenticeship basic salary of £13,065, rising on completion of qualification
- Pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply