Job Title: Assistant Buyer, Superdry Sport
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-11-07
Close date: 2018-11-23
Closing date for applications: 23-11-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Category Management represents Superdry’s Buying function, and we’re growing fast! We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Buyer on our Superdry Sport team. As an Assistant Buyer with Superdry you will facilitate the commercial buying process, to ensure the creation of a balanced range each season for both our Retail and Wholesale customers.
If you’re someone with previous Buying experience with another fashion retailer, looking for continued challenge and progression then Superdry is the place for you. We have huge ambitions to grow our business so there couldn’t be a more exciting time to join.
- Plan and manage the buying schedule across Sport and Snow categories.
- Support the Buyer in the selection of all own-brand products by proactively using the details of previous seasons and current trends.
- Identify gaps within the range and work directly with the Design team to action any new garments that have been agreed with the Buyer, ensuring that they reflect the requirements.
- Work directly with Design, Merchandising, Sourcing and Garment Tech to ensure the development process is meeting the critical path.
- Liaise with Garment Technology to ensure that any quality issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Take a leading role in the ranging of each collection.
- Communicate product information and selling tools to the wholesale and retail teams.
- Degree educated, ideally in a fashion or retail related discipline.
- An individual with solid experience already operating at an Assistant Buyer or Senior BAA level, ideally within the fashion sector.
- Someone with a full understanding of the buying process and critical path, from Design to Customer.
- Commercially astute with excellent numerical and analytical ability (strong Excel skills are essential).
- Able to support and develop more junior members of the team.
- Highly organised with strong prioritisation and time-management skills.
- An excellent communicator, able to build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday.
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives.
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes.
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Café.
- A range of team and social events.
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more.
Download job description Apply