Job Title: Procurement Category Manager
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-10-04
Close date: 2018-10-19
Closing date for applications: 19-10-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
The Procurement function at Superdry is still relatively new and was created just a couple of years ago, but we’re now building the team! Procurement play a pivotal role in selecting and managing over 2,000 global suppliers, adding value to the business making sure we work with only the best partners to help us grow.
In this newly created role of Category Manager you will support the Procurement Manager in the delivery of agreed objectives in line with the Procurement strategy. You will provide a commercial procurement category management function for multiple categories of GNFR (goods not for resale) expenditure.
Suitable applicants will need to have previous experience in a Procurement / Buying role, ideally with experience working with Digital functions (e.g. e-commerce, marketing and IT), and be excited by the opportunity to come into a new role in a growing team.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across all business functions, understanding their requirements and shaping relevant category strategies alongside them.
- Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams where required.
- Cultivate and manage key supplier relationships for long-term strategic partnering.
- Undertake the procurement process for RFI, RFP, e-procurement, negotiation and vendor management in relevant categories, driving suitable benefits.
- Instill and demonstrate procurement best practice across the business.
- Drive value via cost saving without impinging upon service or quality.
- Resolve supplier risk / issues and escalate accordingly.
- Highly analytical, numerate, an advanced Excel user with strong attention to detail.
- An experienced Procurement / Buying professional, ideally with some greenfield Procurement experience.
- Ideally someone who has worked alongside e-commerce, marketing or IT teams.
- CIPS qualified, or working towards (we are happy to support with obtaining the qualification).
- Collaborative, personable, a strong communicator, tenacious with excellent influencing skills.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday.
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives.
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes.
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Café.
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more.
Download job description Apply