Job Title: Test Automation Engineer
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-09-04
Close date: 2018-09-28
Closing date for applications: 28-09-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate 20 consumer websites on desktop, tablet and mobile and in a multitude of different languages. We sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe. We also operate 4 business-to-business websites, allowing our global wholesale customers to place orders online.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This role, sitting within our test team, will play a vital role in conducting automation testing, enabling the use of continuous integration to deploy releases to live at speed, whilst ensuring that new developments are thoroughly and meticulously tested.
We are looking for energetic, dynamic and highly motivated people with a solid understanding of automation scripting and frameworks. You’ll also be thorough with excellent attention to detail, analytical and logical in your nature, and able to self-manage a busy workload in order to meet ambitious business deadlines.
- Be able to work with automated test tools and programming languages, in particular, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber and Java.
- Implement the automation of both UI and Backend Test Cases as required.
- Manage and grow the current automated regression / CI test suite.
- Participate proactively in daily stand-up meetings, team meetings and project meetings.
- Be able to configure the Test Environments and Test Data as required by the Test Cases.
- Drive product quality by capturing, escalating and pursuing resolution on defects.
- Communicate test results, metrics and risk assessments to project stakeholders.
- Clearly demonstrate root cause analysis, issue resolution, escalation and risk mitigation.
- Mentor other members of the team in creating and maintaining the automated regression suite to ensure there is a good level of knowledge within the team.
- An experienced Test Automation Engineer with strong experience in a similar role for an online retailer or other relevant ecommerce business.
- Experienced with and knowledgeable about relevant automation test tools and programming languages.
- Able to take down complex information and break it into manageable pieces of work.
- Driven, energetic, motivated and hungry, with an exceptional work ethic.
- Curious, inquisitive, and willing to ask lots of questions.
- Computer literate with good previous experience of using technology.
- Logical, analytical and thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- A strong verbal and written communicator, good with people and highly interactive.
- An excellent organiser with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply