Job Title: Test Analyst
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-09-04
Close date: 2018-09-28
Closing date for applications: 28-09-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate 20 consumer websites on desktop, tablet and mobile and in a multitude of different languages. We sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe. We also operate 4 business-to-business websites, allowing our global wholesale customers to place orders online.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This role, sitting within our test team, plays a key role in ensuring that new developments are thoroughly and meticulously tested, with issues and improvements identified and passed back to the developers for further work, prior to final testing before release to the live environment. You’ll also act as the deputy for the Test Manager, involving leading and developing more junior members of the team.
We’re looking for an experienced senior ecommerce website testing professional with a track record of working in a similar role in a fast paced, busy environment with a leading edge ecommerce retailer. We need a strong mix of ecommerce testing experience and leadership skills.
- Act as the deputy to the Test Manager, assisting with all aspects of leading, developing, coaching, mentoring and managing the team, including helping to train some new and inexperienced testers entering their first roles in a testing environment.
- Work closely with the product teams of Developers and Business Analysts to ensure full coverage of business requirements relating to website testing and support.
- Provide full test estimates covering the entire testing cycle from test planning, test case writing, test execution, regression testing and retests.
- Develop testing scripts that capture all possible functionalities and eventualities, ensuring that comprehensive and thorough testing takes place.
- Conduct detailed manual testing of website developments across multiple devices, operating systems and browsers including desktop, mobile and tablet; Windows, IOS and Android; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Conduct positive testing, checking that the sites work how they are designed to work, and negative testing, trying to break them by using them in ways they were not necessarily designed to be used.
- Conduct a limited amount of automated testing, working closely alongside external automated testing providers such as Bugfinders.
- Identify defects, issues, problems and potential improvements, log these on the JIRA issue tracker, and work closely with the developers to ensure they fully understand the amends and changes required.
- When development amends are completed, retest and repeat the process until no further defects are identified, then recommend the developments for release to the live environment.
- Conduct regression testing on the websites to ensure that new developments do not have any unintended consequences on the existing functionality of the sites.
- Conduct smoke testing once the developments are released to the live environment.
- Highly experienced at working in an ecommerce testing environment, with a track record of conducting manual testing of online shopping website developments prior to release, identifying issues and improvements.
- Experienced in testing across multiple devices, operating systems and browsers including desktop, mobile and tablet; Windows, IOS and Android; Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Ideally experienced in utilising automated testing tools, though this is not essential.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in using SQL queries and issue tracking software such as JIRA.
- Experienced in using content management systems.
- Able to test all support fixes on internal test environments both in databases and web environments.
- Experienced in working to tight deadlines and able to adjust to changing demands at short notice.
- Experienced in investigating problems and other requests for support and determining the appropriate action to be taken.
- An experienced team leader with the ability to train, develop, lead, mentor and motivate others.
- A strong verbal and written communicator, good with people and highly interactive.
- An excellent organiser with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply