Job Title: Project Lead
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-09-04
Close date: 2018-09-28
Closing date for applications: 28-09-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Organisation: Superdry https://careers.superdry.com/img/g4j-logo.png
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate 20 consumer websites on desktop, tablet and mobile and in a multitude of different languages. We sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe. We also operate 4 business-to-business websites, allowing our global wholesale customers to place orders online.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. The role of Project Lead role is to lead teams of Product Owners, who manage key Digital projects, accountable for ensuring that multi-disciplinary project teams complete their work to the right standard, on time and within budget, whilst managing stakeholders and ultimately ensuring successful delivery of the projects. You’ll also manage critical high-value projects of your own.
We’re looking for an experienced Digital/ecommerce project leader with strong experience in relevant roles, exceptional strategic vision, project management skills and fantastic people leadership skills who has worked for another online retailer or ecommerce business, and who is looking for a challenging position with one of the UK’s leading online businesses.
- Be responsible for a team of Product Owners, each responsible for managing key digital transformation projects, as well as managing key projects of your own.
- Deliver allocated Digital roadmap projects, coordinating the project team and delivering on time, within budget and to specification.
- Proactively challenge solutions and technological approach where necessary helping to contribute to the best solution for our customers.
- Ensure planned activities are well communicated and the product team are well informed.
- Report on project KPI’s and keep track of the product team’s timesheets.
- Produce insight to optimise the product, to achieve business and technical opportunities.
- Be the subject matter expert for your product within the business.
- Work closely with the business and technical architect to define solutions.
- Work closely with the test team to coordinate test cycles for your product.
- Define common working practices in line with the wider team processes, then measure and manage the team’s performance.
- Support the Digital leadership team with the short, medium and long-term team strategy.
- Support your team of product owners strengthen weaknesses and recognise successes.
- Continuously manage the team’s resource schedule ensuring the team have the appropriate focus.
- Report on project spend and project progress weekly to your peers.
- Manage risks proactively providing mitigation where possible and escalating if necessary.
- Manage issues as they occur, keeping stake holders up to date.
- Experienced in delivering Digital/ecommerce projects and solutions with deep experience in a similar role.
- From an online retailer or other relevant ecommerce company, an agency servicing online retailers, or an IT solutions consultancy.
- Highly experienced as a leader of people with the ability to manage, motivate, inspire and develop a team of highly capable, talented and successful people.
- Experienced in both waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Technically minded with a strong grasp of relevant technologies and systems
- Comfortable managing complex, multi-faceted, highly challenging projects with lots at stake
- An extremely strong communicator with superb influencing and organisational skills
- Able to challenge colleagues hard to think differently, stretch themselves and be truly innovative
- Unwilling to accept ordinary or be told that something isn’t possible
- Analytical and inquisitive, able to identify the right questions to get to the right answers
- Able to manage stakeholders at all levels, including those who can be demanding and difficult
- Able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment, juggling multiple tasks
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham or willing to relocate for the role
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks cafe
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply