Job Title: Junior Garment Technologist
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-07-03
Close date: 2018-07-27
Closing date for applications: 27-07-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £96m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales.We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career in Garment Technology for an exclusive and exciting brand. Based at our Cheltenham Head office, this role will support the coordination and delivery of products engineered for original design, cost, great fit and premium quality, setting Superdry standards and meeting critical path timelines.
This is an integral role within the Garment Technology team, and will suit someone who has previous experience working as a Junior or Assistant Garment Technologist with another fashion retailer or a supplier. You will be eager to develop your skills in Garment construction, enjoy working as part of team, forward thinking, have a superb eye for detail and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Deliver the Brand DNA across your product areas and inspire the brand ethos in colleagues and suppliers.
- Understand and deliver the department strategy set out by the Head of Garment Technology, and deliver the PODs objectives.
- Mentor and coach Assistant Garment Technologists.
- Build and maintain great relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
- Encourage suppliers to be accountable for their product development, quality and product delivery with a right first-time approach.
- Ensure all products comply with current legislation, British standards and the requirements of the country they are delivered into.
- Offer relevant suggestions for additions to the Technical Manuals.
- Support the Fabric Technologist to coordinate, gain agreement and file colour and fabric standards, ensuring colour and fabric tolerances are agreed early in the process by all stakeholders.
- Collaborate within the team, risk assess product categories, presenting relevant information, collectively addressing issues, with a clear picture of the issues and their consequences, in a timely manner.
- Follow and learn about AQL or independent / factory inspections.
- Consistently seek to improve fit, learning from experienced team members.
- Actively research, to deliver “best in class” products, joining store visits, participating in wearer trials, reviewing size sets/fit for your product areas, taking advice from experts and specialists in the department.
- Ensure technical packs are up to date, clearly written to cover all aspects of the development process.
- Have a good relationship with Design, Sourcing and Buyers working cross functionally to deliver “best in class” product.
- Follow critical path events with the Garment Tech team, Merchandising and suppliers to maintain agreed dates, ensuring all approval processes are completed within the required SLA times.
- Regularly update department reporting tools.
- Ensure the PLM system is supported and used consistently.
- Be happy to travel as required to support suppliers and regional offices, or other business needs as they arise.
- Have a positive and supportive team attitude and agile approach within the POD and team.
- Experienced working within a similar role.
- A graduate with a relevant degree in fashion.
- Knowledgeable and have experience of garment fitting, quality and performance.
- Knowledgeable and have experience of garment construction, pattern cutting techniques, grading and the fitting process.
- Someone who has a good understanding of garment production systems.
- Experienced in supplier management.
- Experienced working within a brand is advantageous but not essential.
- Someone who has excellent planning and organisational skills, adaptable to change and have exceptional administration skills.
- Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Clear, concise and have excellent communication skills.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…..
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply