Job Title: Territory Sales Manager – Middle East, North Africa & India
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-07-12
Close date: 2018-07-16
Closing date for applications: 16-07-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £96m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
Superdry operates a mixed model of ownership for our retail store estate, comprising of owned stores (in the UK, some European countries and the USA) and concessions within large department store retailers, together with licensed and franchised operations across the rest of the world. One strand of our global growth strategy is to increase sales through our franchise network, with Asia Pacific and Middle East/North Africa (MENA) being seen as key regions in this growth plan.
We are seeking a Territory Sales Manager to work closely with new and existing franchise partners across this region, including existing customers in the UAE, Iran, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and India. There will be a specific focus on driving business performance in the territory, building strong and mutually beneficial working relationships with the franchisees, and maintaining the integrity of the Superdry brand across the franchise store estate. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the current portfolio of the standalone Superdry stores and all further planned Superdry store and concession openings within the territory. This newly created role will report to the Head of Global Business Development.
- Develop our franchise and wholesale business across the territory by increasing revenue within the existing customer base and by developing new accounts, including the opening of new accounts in new countries across the region.
- Drive brand consistency across the territory by ensuring that all activities undertaken by the franchisees are brand appropriate, and follow direction from the Central Operations team.
- Agree buying strategies with each partner to maximise sales opportunities in each market. Make considered recommendations on product range and assortment. Ensure regional needs are taken into account during HQ product development through effective and thorough analysis of sales and market data.
- Grow and maintain excellent business relations between Superdry HQ and its partners within the territory, ensuring consistent business wins for all parties. Manage the relationships with the franchisees appropriately to ensure that all required guidelines and rules are followed, within the framework of each franchise being an independently owned and operated business.
- Work with International Retail Operations and franchise partners to ensure all directives relating to operations, people, visual merchandising, store appearance, and general business practice are implemented and in line with the Superdry brand experience.
- Maintain a firm and close and grip of retail KPIs in each market to ensure that Superdry performance is healthy and key trading opportunities are taken.
- Ensure all appropriate marketing and PR activities are undertaken and that the regional marketing budget is appropriately spent. Ensure that all marketing and PR activity is approved by the marketing department in HQ. Report regularly on the effectiveness of marketing activity and investment.
- Attend all relevant trade shows and buying camps, and travel within region as required to develop business including new wholesale accounts and new market entry within the region.
- Work with the Store Development team to ensure that all store development and shopfit guidelines are followed and all required information is properly submitted to the Superdry Project Manager in line with store development project timelines. Ensure that all store development projects are appropriately reported on and managed in line with appropriate brand guidelines.
- Carry out planned and ad hoc store and mystery shopper inspections as requested to ensure brand guidelines are met.
- Utilise the support of our Asia Pacific sales office in Hong Kong.
- Highly experienced in a territory or regional sales role within the premium branded fashion sector, with significant experience of selling into the fashion retail, franchise and wholesale markets in the MENA region.
- Experienced in running a franchised retail multisite business operation across multiple countries, developing and managing relationships with franchisees. A deep understanding of the sensitivities and nuances of working with franchise partners, and the nature of those relationships, is vital.
- Equipped with a demonstrable track record of driving increases in sales and developing business through a franchise network, whilst ensuring brand integrity and store look and feel guidelines are closely adhered to.
- Extensively knowledgeable about the local markets in the territory, preferably with knowledge of or even pre-existing relationships with some or all of our current franchise partners in the region.
- Able to demonstrate fluency in written and verbal English to a business level. The ability to speak Arabic would be a distinct advantage. An understanding of the business cultures within the region is also critical.
- Able to build strong working relationships with middle management, with excellent communication skills to enable reporting and articulation of recommendations to all levels within the business. The ability to influence franchisee behaviour and drive compliance in an engaging and supportive way is vital.
- Located in or near Dubai, with the appropriate right-to-work credentials in the UAE. We will be unable to accept applications from candidates who don’t already have right-to-work.
- Willing to travel extensively across the entire region, and spend a significant number of nights away from home on business.
- Superdry do not currently have a business entity in the UAE. As a result, for the foreseeable future the successful candidate will be employed and paid by our franchise partner in the UAE, rather than directly by Superdry.
Download job description Apply