Job Title: Ethical Sourcing Manager APAC – Hong Kong
Location: Hong Kong
Location: New Territories, GL51 9NW, Hong Kong
Post date: 2018-06-12
Close date: 2018-06-26
Closing date for applications: 26-06-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 40hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £750m, £87m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
Superdry currently sells approximately 21 million units per annum globally, a volume that is forecast to increase to approximately 37 million units within the next 3 years. Our products are manufactured in China, Turkey, India and Sri Lanka, with some additional production in South East Asia. China is currently the largest production source and is growing in importance as the business is expanding rapidly into the US and China retail markets.
We already have sourcing offices in Istanbul and Delhi, and have opened a new sourcing and production office in Hong Kong. We are hiring a highly experienced team of quality assurance, ethical sourcing, merchandising and product development professionals to work closely with the factories, ensuring that they are working to established Superdry standards and delivering consistently high quality product on time.
The role of Ethical Sourcing Manager (APAC) will be to maintain a transparent footprint of our production in the region, to drive our ethical and sustainability standards in factories and to work as champion and communicator within our Hong Kong Sourcing Office and to our UK Head Office on standards across our supply base.
- Establish a transparent relationship with core supply partners.
- Ensure our suppliers attain and maintain our standards with integrity.
- Regularly monitor supplier, factory and subcontractor ethical standards.
- Ensure consistent communication of ethical and sustainability requirements to suppliers, including supporting new suppliers during their first season induction process.
- Act as an initial gateway for new factories to ensure they meet our standards with integrity prior to placing orders.
- Establish and follow up on ethical action plans with factories, identifying practical and sustainable solutions to ongoing issues with factories and ensure agreed delivery timescales are met.
- Empower and train suppliers to self-assess subcontractors and monitor subcontractor base through risk based sampling processes.
- Give real time updates to relevant colleagues on significant changes in factory performance, any critically non-compliant and high-risk sites.
- Maintain up to date and report on, accurate information on our main supplier and subcontractor database, units used for production, and factories pending approval for production.
- Liaise with third party audit companies, and wider service providers to ensure they continue to deliver value and operate with integrity when working with our factories.
- An experienced Ethical Sourcing specialist with demonstrable experience of working directly with factories to resolve issues.
- Experienced within the textile, fashion and apparel industry.
- Familiar with up to date local labor standards requirements for garment and auxiliary factories operating in APAC.
- A strong communicator, able to persuade suppliers make changes, and a genuine commitment to the need to improve ethical standards and supporting systems.
- Able to communicate fluently in English and Mandarin, both spoken and written.
- Ideally qualified with a recognized ethical auditing qualification, though this is not essential.
- Willing to travel within APAC, and possess permanent right to work in both Hong Kong and China.
- Honest, passionate and committed, always operating with complete integrity.
- Able to prioritize your workload and to take a logical and measured approach to complex issues.
- Somebody that enjoys working as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team.
What we offer
- Competitive package
- Mandatory Provident Fund
- Life assurance and health insurance
Download job description Apply