Job Title: Garment Technologist (Outerwear)
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-06-07
Close date: 2018-06-30
Closing date for applications: 30-06-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £96m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented and experienced Garment Technologist to join our Quality and Technical team at our Head office in Cheltenham. This role will support our Designers and Buyers in the development premium products across Menswear and Womenswear.
As part of the Garment Technologist team, you will have experience in developing Active Outerwear. You will have a passion for detail, great eye for fit and functionality. You will be an articulate and confident communicator, able to cope with multiple tasks maintaining your critical path deliveries.
- Identify and deliver the correct sizing, grading and fittings across the Outerwear Collections
- Drive our Superdry Brand fit DNA and ensure standards are maintained across your products
- Initiate regular fit assessments, checking stock and blocks across the collections, liaising with design and management in line with the critical path
- Drive Superdry standards with suppliers and key stakeholders and deliver required standards
- Develop products through the approval process adhering to the critical path
- Improve and develop suppliers through advising, coaching, raising issues and planning for future ways of working
- Ensure comments to suppliers are clearly written on a technical pack covering all aspects of the development process.
- Drive the risk assessment of products, raise concerns with the Technical Team Manager and collectively address issues in a timely manner
- Drive critical path events with key stakeholders suppliers to maintain the agreed deliveries
- Manage workload in an organised manner and maintain a central filing system
- Ensure all products comply with current legislation and British standards
- Educated to degree level/professional qualification level
- Knowledge of Outerwear performance, fabric, garment construction, product development methods, 2D pattern cutting, garment fitting, grading and quality control.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of different outerwear fabrics, finishes, construction, production methods, fitting, size grading and QC.
- Able to work with an international supply base and prepared to travel to support deliveries.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, especially Excel. PLM would be useful but not essential.
- Enthusiastic and determined, with a passion for Innovation and technology, team spirit and positive attitude
- A confident communicator and maintain a strong working relationships
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…..
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply