Job Title: Senior Merchandiser
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-06-12
Close date: 2018-06-20
Closing date for applications: 20-06-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Working in Merchandising at Superdry is a great opportunity for an established Merchandiser to stretch themselves further, expand their skill set and widen their experience. Uniquely in our market, our Merchandising teams are very involved with the product, working closely with the buying and design teams to make ranging recommendations. As a Senior Merchandiser you would be leading a team to plan global ranges across retail and wholesale, tailoring to different territories. Our Outlet stores are also a key business initiative and you would also be responsible for the off price offer. You would be working across multiple channels and seasons at any one time in an extremely fast paced environment.
Joining Superdry you will play a key role in the success of a rapidly growing business. As well as having strong technical abilities and experience, you will have a proven ability to lead people and develop a strong team. Superdry really values how you do things and your behaviours will be equally important. The Superdry behaviours of Passion, Family and Fun are essential to thrive here.
- Set the department strategy and option framework to ensure a balanced and commercial range across all channels
- Translate the department strategy into meaningful and clear goals for your team.
- Plan and manage department WSSIs, stock and sales plans, ensuring stock is managed to targets
- Accurately forecast trends to support decision making and profitable sales
- Proactively monitor sales and stock in order to optimise sales and margin performance - ensuring team react to sales trends.
- Support Head of Merchandising with additional projects to drive the business forward. Work closely with the Buying and Design team to update on trends and product opportunities
- Present department strategy and ranges as well as trade updates to Executive team and Board.
- Manage clearance stock through off price channels
- Develop a highly proficient team of Junior, Assistant and Merchandising Administration Assistants
- A highly experienced Merchandiser preferably from a Fashion background, with aspiration to develop yourself further
- A strong leader with robust evidence of coaching and developing teams.
- An innovator, constantly pushing boundaries and coming up with new ways of doing things.
- Articulate and credible, with excellent communication skills and confident at presenting to members of Executive team.
- An excellent relationship builder, with exceptional behaviours and a track record of influencing at head of department level and above
- Highly numerate and analytical, competent working with large volumes of data, using this to make informed decisions
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Commercially astute with an understanding of customer profile, product range and competitors
- An advanced user of MS Office suite, in particular Excel
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham or prepared to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…..
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply