Job Title: Retail Trainer
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-06-19
Close date: 2018-07-15
Closing date for applications: 15-07-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, and between £96.5m - £97.5m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
As a Superdry Retail Trainer you will be the primary source of knowledge and development for all the people in our retail stores. For them, you are the person that teaches and develops them to be at their best. This is an outstanding opportunity to create future talent and drive sales within our stores, along with drive retention and career progression. You will be responsible for delivering and developing the majority of ongoing training and development needs for Sales Assistants across the UK and Europe. You will deliver our award winning CIPD training materials through our SAS Retail Training programme, offering insightful and engaging solutions to our store employees, as well as using your skills to supply ideas to help us create fresh, new and exciting material designed to develop our people and drive sales in our stores.
Passion and enthusiasm for our brand using the best most impactful ways to learn and develop is a critical factor for the success of this role. You will play a key role in delivering new initiatives as the Retail side of the Superdry Academy grows. You will work closely with Store Managers, Operations Managers, Area Managers, Area Visual Merchandisers, Wholesale Teams and the Retail Operations Team and play an integral part in the development of our Store Sales Assistants, Floor Managers and Assistant Managers.
- Work to embed and maintain a training culture within our stores through the development of our Sales and Service programme
- Support our SAS champions worldwide to deliver new training, updates, and to help them communicate with stores to engage colleagues in SAS, driving commercial returns and creating great customer experiences
- Develop and progress SAS through new games, social media content, manager led training sessions and bespoke sessions
- Co-ordination of SAS materials – taking steps to ensure distribution is cost effective and efficient
- Partner with our Franchise team to ensure SAS is an accessible tool for their stores
- Work with the HR creative to make sure retail training has a consistent look and feel
- Build strong relationships with retail heads and area managers to ensure ever changing retails needs are met and initiatives supported
- Support HR teams across UK and Europe to deliver a consistent and on brand induction and on boarding process to retail teams, making it relevant and readily available to all new starters.
- Build great relationships at head office with design, garment tech and merchandising to ensure product knowledge training is up to date
- Support our management teams with the management development programme supported by the lead retail trainer
- Work with external training providers to set dates and organise any requirements they may have
- Collect, analyse and build insight from feedback from all training interventions to help assess their effectiveness
- Work collaboratively with the retail operations and communications teams to identify new training needs
- Support the lead retail trainer to deliver bespoke interventions as and when the business requires them
- Lead by example as part of the Superdry Academy Team. Always positive, engaging, business focused and supportive.
- Work with the L&D co-ordinator to ensure e-learning is available to our retail population globally
- Take ownership for the the Superdry Retail Training internal communications page, keeping it engaging, interactive and informative
- Happy to travel up to 2 to 3 times a week when required, working the majority of your week in our Cheltenham head office developing new initiatives, co-ordinating existing training and communicating with key stakeholders
- Experienced working within retail, preferably fashion but not essential
- Experienced in delivering training, including both individual and group training sessions, working with energetic teams, a strong passion for people, product and service
- Able to understand the importance of delivering outstanding customer experience and how to help others do this too
- Confident, outgoing, passionate, engaging, quick minded and have a passion for developing people
- Able to deliver constant evolution in training materials, styles and methods and have the desire to be ‘best in class’ at what you do
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Dedicated with your approach to work, travel and be comfortable working within a fast paced and pressured environment whilst still being a brand ambassador
- A planner with strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload. Be able to plan your own diary, work with store managers closely and work remotely whilst remaining self-motivated
- A strong communicator with the ability to liaise with everyone at Superdry across all levels
- Able to travel the UK, Ireland and on occasion outside the UK and be comfortable with staying away from home if necessary
- Based within commutable distance of your local Head Office, or willing to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…..
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply