Job Title: Assistant Merchandiser
Location: Cheltenham, GL51 9NW, United Kingdom
Post date: 2018-07-05
Close date: 2018-07-19
Closing date for applications: 19-07-2018
Hours: FULL_TIME Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As an Assistant Merchandiser you will provide proactive support to the Merchandiser and Junior Merchandisers, helping to plan product ranges and preparing stock and sales plans to support decision-making. This role involves analysing retail stock and sales data to deliver in season actions, which will both maximise sales and drive profit.
Working in Merchandising is a great opportunity to stretch yourself further, expand your skill set and widen your experience. Uniquely in our market, our Merchandising teams are very involved with the product, working closely with the buying team to create the best ranges possible.
Joining Superdry you will play a key role in the success of specific product types. As well as having strong technical abilities and experience at Assistant Merchandiser level, Superdry really values how you do things, as behaviors are equally important. The Superdry behaviors of Passion, Family and Fun are essential to thrive here.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of appropriate historical data to support analysis of trends and forecasts
- Provide day to day support to the Merchandiser, managing the range plans
- Update and maintain the WSSI to support stock control of the department
- Be working towards managing your own area within the department, overseen by a Junior Merchandiser or Merchandiser
- Identify and inform the Merchandisers of any supply difficulties through regular review of intake and commitment, as well as being responsible for all order placing
- Support and develop the Merchandising Administration Assistants in the department
- Someone who is currently working as an Assistant Merchandiser, ideally with experience working for a large fashion retailer
- A confident communicator, engaging when presenting and able to influence at all levels
- A strong user of Microsoft Excel and adept at working with high volumes of data, coupled with excellent numeracy skills
- Highly organised with a real attention to detail
- Aware of the importance of critical path management
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Commercially astute with an understanding of customer profile, product range and competitors
- Experienced at leading, developing and managing others
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or prepared to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…..
What we offer;
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Download job description Apply