Job Title: Customs & Trade Facilitation Manager
Closing date for applications: 08-05-2018
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £750m, £87m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
In this pivotal new position within our Logistics function, you will lead the design, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the overall strategy, processes and procedures that ensure customs compliance and best practice cross-border trading. As our Customs & Trade Facilitation Manager, you will have the opportunity to develop the global customs and international trade compliance processes of the business, while establishing strategic objectives for an internal controls program. You will have overall accountability for achieving the highest standards and maintaining a proactive approach in the prevention of customs and international trade compliance infringements, while ensuring efficient and effective cross-border trading processes.
- Drive the Superdry business to reach the standards expected by all relevant tax and customs authorities.
- Ensure all areas of the business are compliant with UK, EU and International regulations.
- Ensure products are received, stored, handled or dispatched with due regard to statutory requirements, our own procedures, and cross-border trading best practice.
- Establish import, export and customs-related policies focusing on managing costs, compliance, and operational risks.
- Review and implement best practice in customs and international trade compliance management.
- Instigate new and review the effectiveness of existing processes and procedures to ensure we transact business legally and efficiently.
- Review and develop policies and procedures to achieve customs and import/export compliance and avoid potential financial penalties and delays to inbound and outbound shipments.
- Ensure compliant customs declarations, particularly overseeing classification, valuation, and origin rules.
- Ensure adherence to the rules of international preferential/free trade agreements.
- Manage logistics/customs providers that administer customs declarations our behalf.
- Ensure compliance standards are met amongst external suppliers and logistics/customs service providers.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders and outsourced third party logistics/customs providers to drive customs awareness and business compliance.
- Log, investigate and resolve customs/compliance infringement and consider preventive actions.
- Work with purchasing and logistics to influence and continually improve customs compliance and import/export performance.
- Develop training and education tools to stimulate and educate local teams and managers to execute their responsibilities correctly.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of customs, import and export legislation, reflecting any changes in our own policies and procedures.
- Support with the wider supply chain strategy, supporting the business goals in delivering our philosophy of being better for customers, more flexible and responsive for stores and business needs.
- Vastly experienced in a customs and import/export role, with global exposure and knowledge highly desirable.
- From a relevant industry background, ideally fashion retail with wholesale and ecommerce experience.
- Experienced with all aspects of customs requirements and how they should be applied to the interactions of a trading entity.
- Experienced in overseeing activities undertaken by a wide variety of operators without direct line management.
- Knowledgeable in the Finance compliance and Logistics sector, with previous experience of dealing with third party contractors and customs authorities.
- Adept at working through others to achieve objectives, a strong relationship builder (internally and externally), comfortable working autonomously but with excellent cross-department management, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Commercially astute in order to drive the right decisions.
- Someone with excellent IT capabilities, specifically advanced Excel.
- Based within commutable distance to our HQ in Cheltenham, or willing to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday.
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives.
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes.
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Café.
- A range of team and social events (last year we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more!
Download job description Apply Send to a friend