Job Title: Brand Designer
Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date for applications: 21.08.2020
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As a Brand Designer at Superdry you will be an integral member of the Brand Design team reporting into the Brand Design Manager and alongside the other internal creative teams you will be responsible for the delivery of world class creative which engages and inspires our style obsessed consumer.
You will work on a variety of projects and activities from branding, packaging, labelling, environment and experiential design, with strong art direction skills, a clear understanding of the shoot production process and a knowledge of design for social media, both current and emerging.
Working to a brief, that has been agreed with the Art Director and other senior creatives you’ll develop appropriate creative ideas and concepts that fit the brief. The position requires creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time management, costs and deadlines.
- Be comfortable working with an Art Director, taking direction from them but also confident to articulate and express your own opinion
- Be an enthusiastic individual, immersed in contemporary culture and style, who lives and breathes design and is passionate about their work
- Through creative thinking, strong research skills and reference points, redefine the brief and elevate projects in order to engage and inspire our style obsessed consumer
- Be responsible for the delivery of creative briefs for all consumer facing assets, including packaging labelling, environmental and experiential design
- Be able to work at a fast pace, in a high pressured multi project environment
- Take responsibility for delivering briefs, with minimal referral, but are time conscious and able to execute with creative flair
- Be a confident presenter and able to clearly articulate creative ideas to the Art Director, Brand Design Manager, Head of Brand Design and other senior creatives across the Creative Centre
- Take pride in discovering and presenting new design trends to the wider team in order to keep the studio up to speed with what is happening in the world of design
- Brief and work collaboratively with the production team in order to realise your creative vision
- Ensure brand standards and consistency are met across all projects and briefs
- Manage and build relationships with key stakeholders within the Creative Centre and across the wider functions
- Passionate and energetic design professional with 3+ years’ experience working within a fast paced agency environment, ideally in the fashion and sports sectors
- Passionate about style and contemporary culture and embody the values of the brand
- Serious about the work you create and live and breathe design
- Hungry for knowledge and actively search blogs and websites in order to be aware of the latest industry trends
- A seriously talented creative, knowledgeable in typography, Art Direction and design for social.
- Skilled creative and have a portfolio which clearly showcases these skills
- Are incredibly well organised and take pride in delivering your work on time to the brief
- Proven communication skills and at ease presenting your work, able to clearly express your creative vision
- Up to date with industry knowledge
- Experienced in using standard creative software
- Previous experience of following brand guidelines
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply