Job Title: Contract PHP Developer (3 month contractor)
Closing date for applications: 14-02-2018
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate nearly 25 ecommerce websites in a multitude of different languages, and sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This role, sitting within our web development team, will play a crucial role in the delivery of new websites, improvements to usability & back end systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the existing and future development of our ecommerce platforms by providing high quality development and recommendations for improvements, working collaboratively with colleagues across the ecommerce function. The role will suit candidates with solid experience in PHP web development who are passionate to make a difference and become a part of a team supporting a truly global business.
- Work as part of a team to develop new features and functionality for both the front end and back end of our suite of Ecommerce sites, using responsive framework to ensure optimum usability across desktop & mobile devices.
- Work closely with the Test team who test the new developments in the staging environment, responding to feedback and requests for changes or amends, and reworking the development to ensure any issues are dealt with and improvements made.
- Manage your own workload, designing, planning and prioritising tasks effectively in line with the development roadmap.
- Provide appropriate technical support to aid the delivery of projects and releases.
- Provide input on improvements to current working practices using experience and judgement.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, proactivity, and strong written and verbal communication skills when dealing with colleagues, partners, suppliers and internal customers.
- An experienced PHP website developer with a strong track record of success within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to investigate and analyse technical issues and draw conclusions.
- Capable of determining systems issues and delivering software solutions to resolve them.
- Able to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users and the wider business.
- Knowledgeable about the development lifecycle, and able to work collaboratively with other teams across the lifecycle.
- Able to quickly pick up and work with new technologies.
- Able to develop more junior colleagues, promoting a team environment and instilling team spirit.
- Logical, analytical and thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- A strong verbal and written communicator, good with people and highly interactive.
- An excellent organiser with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Based within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham.
Download job description Apply Send to a friend