Job Title: Art Director
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 14.08.2020
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As an integral member of the Brand Design team reporting to the Brand Design Manager you will articulate your creative vision and oversee the work of Brand Designers, Photographers and Artists to ensure our message is clearly communicated, as per your creative vision.
Enthusiastic and immersed in contemporary style and culture, you are obsessed with design and passionate about the work you produce with an emphasis on pushing the boundaries of the brief. We are looking for real creative flair. Working to a brief that has been agreed with the Brand Design Manager and other senior creatives you’ll develop appropriate creative concepts for a variety of projects and activities, alongside the internal production team, who will oversee photo shoots both internal and on location in order to deliver briefs on time and on budget.
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually, through innovative creative ideas
- Decide appropriate photographs, props and/or other design elements to use on set that are on brand
- Through creative thinking, deliver the brief and elevate projects in order to engage, inspire the consumer
- Work under the Brand Design Manager and in partnership with our Brand Designers, Photographers, Set Designers and other creatives to create consumer engaging assets which inspire and engage our consumer
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography and graphics developed by the wider creative team
- Be an expert communicator and able to work with brief owners to develop an artistic approach and style
- Confidently present your creative vision for approval by the Brand Design Manager and Head of Brand Design
- Motivate, direct and organize other artists in order to articulate your creative vision and oversee production
- Balance competing priorities and multiple projects, while meeting strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Be passionate about your work and strive to elevate the brief, in order to create world class creative
- Continually look to develop internal processes to drive efficiencies within our ways of working
- Deliver to high standards and demanding timelines, consistently excellent creative work
- A passionate and energetic design professional with either 3+ years’ experience within a design related area or 1+ years Art Direction experience
- Enthusiastic and immersed in style and contemporary culture, you embody the values of the brand.
- Agile, adaptable and resilient, open to input from passionate and engaged executive leadership
- An energetic individual with experience of working in a fast paced, multi project agency environment preferably within the sports/fashion sectors
- Serious about the work you produce and have a portfolio of world class creative projects
- Experienced in commissioning Photographers, Artists and other external creatives and being able to direct them in order to realise your creative vision
- Experience of working on set and on location in the UK and overseas and be flexible to international travel if required
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply