Job Title: Global Social Media Manager
Closing date for applications: 08-05-2018
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £750m, £87m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Our brand is world renowned for its obsession with making incredible product and lives by its purpose, “we create the clothes; you create the stories”.
We view ourselves as a disrupter, a challenger. We are bold, maverick, with a fearless entrepreneurial spirit running through us. We are fast moving, innovative, progressive and passionate, and we want to communicate these attributes to our audience across our social channels.
Our goal is to become a global digital brand and an innovative social media presence is central to this. The Global Social Media Manager will be a key player in helping us to achieve this objective.
As we take the next step in expanding the level and sophistication of our social activity we’re looking for an experienced Global Social Media Manager with a deep expertise in building social plans that deliver more than just vanity metrics, but actually support the growth of the Superdry brand globally.
Managing a growing team in Cheltenham, with the scope to build and shape it further, the role of the Global Social Media Manager exists to accelerate our existing social activity and drive both the content and paid for strategy and innovation across our social channels to deliver stellar results and an impressive ROI, manage large campaign launches/events and oversee the day-to-day implementation of kick-ass content.
This role requires a balance between analytics and creativity to deliver against hard commercial targets while telling the Superdry story in an engaging way.
- Develop global strategies that allow us to deliver an engaging brand story whilst acting as a performance channel, working in close alignment with our Ecommerce team
- Lead all social media activity at Superdry and be responsible devising strategies that support key business campaigns
- Communicate our brand strategy by implementing social activities that support and enhance it
- Build strong relationships around the business to help communicate the importance of our social presence and how it can support departmental objectives
- Develop a variety of social content that works on different channels and speaks to different audiences
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media channels, their audiences and how each platform can be deployed for different objectives
- Devise new ways to engage our customers through proactive and reactive community management
- Lead and grow the social media team to build up internal capacity and expertise
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, PR, Merchandising and Ecommerce teams to deliver integrated campaigns
- Manage external agencies and partners
- Work with influencers to generate relevant engaging content for our channels and theirs
- Partner with our Customer Insight team to garner insight from different social tools and platforms
- Implement best practice for measuring the impact of social media campaigns; analysing, reviewing and reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results
- Keep abreast of the latest industry news, vendors and social media marketing best practices
- Work with our Customer Service Manager to develop a social media customer service process which is managed and delivered by the customer service team but is regulated by yourself to ensure that it fits with the overall social media and brand strategies
- Someone with extensive experience leading a social media team for a large brand or equivalent position in an agency with a proven track record of success both within brand/evergreen and paid for activity
- Creative, inspiring and analytical with an eye for detail
- Highly knowledgeable within social advertising - additional social platforms an advantage
- Driven to succeed and a high performer
- Able to produce and own a customer facing social media strategy using customer research and knowledge to ensure most effective use of channels and message
- Experienced in managing a social media agency and working with cross-agency teams
- Passionate for all things social, mobile, and digital emerging technologies
- Experienced with financial forecasting and managing a significant budget
- Experienced in sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Able to present/sell in the value of social media to senior stakeholders
- An inspirational leadership figure
- Able to react quickly and work in a fast paced environment
- A strong communicator with proven presentation skills
- Someone with a positive attitude and a real high-energy performer
- A natural storyteller and visual communicator
- Able to change direction and always keep projects moving towards stated goals and objectives
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding...
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing 50% staff discount, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Starbucks Cafe
- A range of team and social events (last year we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more!
Download job description Apply Send to a friend