Job Title: PHP Developer (Permanent)
Closing date for applications: 06-11-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate nearly 25 ecommerce websites in a multitude of different languages, and sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites, and are responsible for keeping them fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This role, sitting within our web development team, will play a crucial role in developing front and back end functionality for our desktop and mobile websites, working on new features and functionality to deliver the very best customer experience, whilst maintaining the existing functionality to ensure the smooth and effective running of the sites.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the existing and future development of our ecommerce platforms by providing high quality development and recommendations for improvements, working collaboratively with colleagues across the ecommerce function. The role will suit candidates with solid experience in PHP web development who are passionate to make a difference and become part of a team supporting a truly global business.
- Work as part of a team to develop new features and functionality for both the front end and back end of our ecommerce websites, across desktop, tablet and mobile sites, programming in PHP
- Maintain existing website features and functionality, ensuring that the implementation of new development or updates, or changes to servers etc, do not affect the smooth running of the websites
- Work closely with the Test team who test the new developments in the staging environment, responding to feedback and requests for changes or amendments, and reworking the development to ensure any issues are dealt with and improvements made
- Work closely with the Support team to respond quickly and effectively to customer or user queries or feedback, investigating any issues encountered with the sites, troubleshooting and resolving issues as quickly as possible
- Manage own workload and designing, planning and prioritising tasks effectively in line with the development roadmap
- Provide appropriate technical support to aid the delivery of projects and releases
- Provide input on improvements to current working practices using experience and judgement
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, proactivity and strong written and verbal communication skills when dealing with colleagues, partners, suppliers and internal customers
- Someone with experience working as a PHP website developer within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to investigate and analyse technical issues and to draw conclusions
- Able to determine systems issues and to deliver software solutions to resolve them
- Able to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users and the wider business
- Knowledgeable of the development life cycle and able to work collaboratively with other teams across the lifecycle
- Quick to pick up and work with new technologies, learn from more senior members of the team and help to develop more junior colleagues
What we offer
- Competitive base salary
- Pension contribution
- Life assurance
- 50% staff discount!
Download job description Apply Send to a friend