Job Title: Sport Product Manager
Closing date for applications: 06-11-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £590m, £72m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn company by 2020. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. With the recent introduction and success of our Sportswear category, we are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global lifestyle brand.
In this newly created role the Sport Product Manager will strategically drive the Sportswear range, creating commercial ranges that are aligned with the Sports category strategy. You will work cross functionally and collaboratively with all areas of the Superdry business to ensure the success and growth of the Sports category.
- Drive the Sports category strategy by range building commercial plans and balanced category product collections, to maximise sales and profit - putting the customer and brand integrity at the heart of everything we do.
- Work closely with the Merchandisers to create balanced ranges for all channels of distribution, to ensure a focused SKU count delivers optimised gross margin return.
- Contribute and recommend appropriate inputs to the strategic plan for defined area working alongside the Category Manager.
- Grow worldwide sales, gross margin contribution and royalties through all distribution channels.
- Ensure sports pricing architecture is aligned with the master brand and also competitor and global requirements.
- Ensure all buying activities are conducted in line with the critical path including GROF, Category Strategy & Seasonal Plans, along with delivering several sales conferences per year.
- Collaborate with design, technical teams, sourcing and suppliers to ensure products are developed to meet global performance, design and margin expectations as well as the commercial aspect of the range.
- Work closely with Super Design Lab and Design in order to execute product ranges where we achieve first time right samples in line with our range plan and commercials.
- Understand the sports consumer needs, retail channels, key accounts and key success criteria for given product area.
- Work with the Marketing Planning team and key markets to identify, brief and develop new products to ensure competitive advantage is gained and global brand product strategies delivered.
- An experienced Junior Buyer ready for your next step or a Buyer with a sports brand.
- An excellent presenter, proficient in presenting at board level.
- Resilient and calm under pressure, thrive and perform well in a diverse, commercial and fast paced environment.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Able to lead a small team, helping them to develop their core buying skills and a commercial eye.
- A strategic thinker, with meticulous planning and organisation skills.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Based within commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary.
- Pension contributions.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance.
- 50% staff discount.
Download job description Apply Send to a friend