Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Closing date for applications: 16-02-2018
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As well as being a very successful high street retail business and wholesaler, Superdry is also an extremely strong online retailer. Our ecommerce business has experienced incredible growth in recent years and is now one of our most profitable and successful sales channels. We operate nearly 25 ecommerce websites in a multitude of different languages, and sell through these sites on a truly global basis, shipping product to every corner of the globe.
Our in-house ecommerce team design, develop, test, support and maintain all of our websites and backend systems. They are responsible for keeping the sites fresh and updated with the most cutting edge functionality, to give the very best user experience. This role plays a crucial part in developing the backend systems that are critical for feeding the main websites, finance systems & merchandising systems. This role includes working on new features and improving existing functionality to deliver the very best user experience.
- Develop new features and functionality for the ecommerce systems (internal bespoke application including a user interface, 3rd party OMS and ESB)
- Support data analysis teams building models and flows to aid machine learning functions.
- Maintain existing features and functionality, ensuring that the implementation of new development or updates do not affect the smooth running of any of the peripheral systems
- Work closely with the Test & Support team, responding to feedback and requests for changes, reworking the development to ensure any issues are dealt with and improvements made, including troubleshooting and resolving issues as quickly as possible
- Manage own workload and designing, planning and prioritising tasks effectively
- Provide appropriate technical support to aid the delivery of projects and releases
- Provide input on improvements to current working practices using experience and judgement
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, proactivity, and strong written and verbal communication skills when dealing with colleagues, partners, suppliers and internal customers
- Highly experienced in working as a Developer within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experienced and knowledgeable in other technologies and methodologies such as Object Oriented development, Agile, J2EE 6 and higher, Amazon Web Services (AWS), JMS (ActiveMQ), SQL (MySQL, Hsql), Hibernate, JBoss/Wildfly and JUnit
- Test Driven Development (TDD), Seam / Spring, Flex and Angular is also desirable.
- Able to investigate and analyse technical issues and draw the right conclusions
- Able to determine systems issues and to deliver software solutions to resolve them
- Capable of communicating technical guidance and instruction to users and the wider business
- Familiar with the development life cycle and able to work collaboratively with other teams
- Able to quickly pick up and work with new technologies
- Knowledable about practices relating to data analysis and machine learning.
- Able to learn quickly from more senior members of the team and help to develop more junior colleagues, promoting a team environment and instilling team spirit
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary
- Life assurance
- 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend