Job Title: Data Analyst
Type: Fixed Term
Closing date for applications: 04-08-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is a genuine British success story, building a global turnover of £750m across our retail, ecommerce, franchise and wholesale channels, with strategic plans well underway to achieve significant growth over the coming years. Although our incredible success has been built on a truly multichannel approach, our retail stores remain the beating heart of our business and our most visible sales channel. We now operate over 250 owned stores across the UK, Europe, the USA and China, with an ambitious store opening programme delivering more retail space month-on-month.
We are looking for a Network Planning Analyst to work in the Logistics department at our Cheltenham office. Logistics are responsible for the movement of product from our partner factories to our distribution centres, and then onto stores, wholesale customers and ecommerce customers.
The Network Planning team focus on reporting on and analysing data relating to activity at our distribution centres, such as items ordered, picked, packed, shipped and returned, inbound and outbound, to and from customers and suppliers. This reporting and analysis allows the business to fully understand our stock position, and enables accurate forecasting and planning.
The role requires someone numerate with incredible attention to detail, the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, and strong data analysis skills. You’ll also need to be IT literate with good Excel skills and the ability to quickly learn new systems. You don’t need to come from a Logistics or Retail background, and we are happy to consider people with different experience levels.
- Develop, run and analyse reports relating to activity, stock and performance across the Superdry supply chain.
- Ensure that reporting and analysis is completed in a timely fashion with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
- Respond swiftly to requests for ad-hoc reporting and produce high quality, accurate and relevant reports as quickly as possible.
- Initially use Microsoft Excel as your primary reporting tool, making use of advanced functions to produce quality reports.
- Assist in the transition away from Excel-based reporting towards Looker, our new reporting tool. Learn this system and understand its capabilities and functionality, then move towards production of reports using it, initially alongside then instead of Excel.
- Continually look for ways to improve reporting capability to meet the evolving needs of the business, developing and testing new reports and working with the Senior Network Planning Analyst to implement them.
- Be involved in project work as required.
- A strong administrator with the ability to produce accurate reporting on a daily basis.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail.
- IT literate with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Capable of working at pace with high volumes of data.
- Highly analytical with the ability to produce meaningful insight from the data.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office applications in particular Microsoft Excel, with some knowledge of advanced Excel functions.
- Based within a commutable distance of Cheltenham or willing to relocate.
- Able to commit to a 12 month fixed term contract.
What We Offer
- Excellent basic salary, pension, life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend