Job Title: Trainee Branding Designer
Closing date for applications: 10-09-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry is looking for a Trainee Branding Designer to work alongside our existing Branding team, supporting them with the design and development of those little finishing touches that make our products amazing – the trims, labels, zips, buttons and badges, along with the packaging and swing tags that complete the Superdry product.
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with Designers, Garment Technologists and factory suppliers.
When applying for this role please attach a copy of your portfolio.
- Actively contribute your ideas, research and design concepts to the branding team, maintaining industry awareness to support product development objectives
- Regularly monitor and report trend, street style and graphic design that is both relevant and new for the brand, whilst remaining commercial
- Work with designers to produce technical design spec packs, updating them with design updates/changes
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the supply base and its product capabilities
- Manage the upload and organisation of the design specifications onto our `Design Store`.
- Assist our designers with developing existing branding and packaging – bringing fresh ideas and concepts
- Design outstanding branding, adhering to legal guidelines, using Adobe Illustrator.
- Support the development and maintenance of creative and conceptual standards for graphic design
- Work collaboratively with the Design and Garment Technology teams to ensure consistency and quality of designs and finished products
- A recent graduate with a First Class or Upper Class Second degree in a fashion or graphic related discipline and ideally have completed an industry placement year.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of branding and packaging techniques.
- An experienced user of Illustrator.
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of colour and branding innovation
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of our core/target customer and brand DNA
- Ideally experienced in working collaboratively with suppliers/print factories
- A team player and always positive with a can-do approach
- An excellent communicator with an enthusiastic, professional, and engaging manner
- Adaptable, with a flexible approach to your hours and travel
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary
- Life insurance
- 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend