Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Type: Fixed Term
Location: Superdry Aarhus
Closing date for applications: 30-07-2017
Hours: Full Time - 40hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SuperGroup plc is the owner of Superdry, which is rapidly becoming a global lifestyle brand. Superdry focuses on offering our customers around the world innovative, premium quality and affordable clothing and accessories across menswear, womenswear and specialist ranges. Superdry customers are loyal, varied and truly global, and are defined not by their age but by their attitude.
Superdry was launched in the UK in 2003 following an inspirational trip by our founders to Tokyo, and is famous for designing and producing quality garments inspired by fusing iconic vintage Americana and high-impact Japanese graphic imagery with a British twist. Our products are characterised by quality fabrics with authentic vintage washes, unique detailing, world-leading hand-drawn graphics, and tailored fits with diverse styling. As we continue to develop the breadth and nature of our product ranges, we increasingly appeal to a broader group of customers, aspirational people who want to feel amazing in what they wear and appreciate style, quality and attention to detail.
We operate a fast-growing multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, franchised and licensed stores, concessions, ecommerce, wholesale and distributors. We are growing fastest outside of the UK and our international business is going from strength to strength. We now own and operate stores in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden and the USA, with franchised stores in many more countries. We have nearly 600 points of sale in over 45 different countries and are adding to this at a rate of over 50 new locations annually. We have also entered a joint venture with Trendy International Group in China which will launch Superdry stores into the Chinese market.
Our global headquarters are based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK and we have satellite offices in Aarhus, Barcelona, Brussels, Hong Kong, Munich and New York, with specialist sourcing offices in Istanbul and New Delhi. Our biggest growth area is online, where we operate ecommerce websites in over 20 different languages and ship to almost every country in the world.
Our ambition for growth is summarised by our strategic plan which will provide opportunities to drive significant increases in revenue. Our plan focuses on three key areas - building a global lifestyle brand; driving awareness of the breadth of the Superdry range; and building a broad cross-channel relationship with customers. It’s supported by the four key pillars of Embed, Enable, Extend and Execute, which define exactly how we will go about achieving our aims. As our product is at the very heart of what Superdry is all about, we are also focusing hard on our four key product attributes - design detail; quality obsession; innovation; and affordability. More about the detail of our strategic plan, together with our latest business and financial results, can be found on our corporate website www.supergroup.co.uk.
We aspire to be a great place to work and strive every day to make every Superdry store and office location a friendly community with a family feel, with fantastic training and development, and roles that are compelling, stretching and interesting. You can see films of many real Superdry colleagues from across the business talking about their experiences of working here on our careers website, www.careers.superdry.com.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Retail professional to join our growing organisation. You will assist the Store Manager/Deputy Manager and contribute to ensuring outstanding store operational and commercial standards within agreed budgets. To assist in maximizing and driving store sales, performance and profitability through supporting with the development, management and direction of the store team, ultimately delivering SuperGroup’s key business objectives.
In this role you will have responsibility for the following:
- To assist the Store Manager/Deputy Manager in the delivery of the retail strategic plan which delivers SuperGroup business objectives.
- To contribute and ensure delivery of Company standards, strategies and initiatives to achieve sustainable growth.
- To attain store sales targets by maximising profits, minimising costs and assistant in the management of workforce budgets.
- To deliver excellent customer service standards by example ensuring highly visible and effective customer service management at all times to drive continuous improvement.
- To assist the Store Manager/Deputy Manager in selecting, training, developing, reviewing, managing, coaching and supporting for all members of the store team to ensure high performance/productivity at all times.
- To ensure store compliance with Company policy and procedures, taking a consistent approach with all team members guaranteeing operational efficiency at all times.
- To ensure important management information is communicated out to all relevant team members.
- To ensure Brand Image is driven and showcased by optimising product visual merchandising and service levels in line with company guidelines.
- To work in conjunction with the Store/Deputy Manager to minimise loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed and any incidents are reported and investigated.
- To provide a safe working environment for staff and customers to ensure their wellbeing and to report any Health & Safety concerns to the Store Manager/Deputy Manager.
- To manage stockroom processing and ensure replenishment procedures are in place so recalls and transfers are actioned efficiently to maintain effective stock control at all times.
- To walk the shop floor regularly, talking with customer and team members in order to identify / resolve urgent issues. To communicate appropriate information with the Store Manager/ Deputy Manager and relevant departments.
- To maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry and to work alongside the Store / Deputy Manager in monitoring activity of local competitors.
What we’re looking for
To be considered, you must have:
- Substantial experience working at Assistant Store Manager or Supervisor level within the fashion retail industry
- Experience of leading, managing and training teams effectively
- Proven sales figures and KPI achievements
- Experience of dealing and resolving employment relations issues
- Experience of visual merchandising
- Experience of stock management
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications
- Preferably qualified in Retail Management
Download job description Apply Send to a friend