Job Title: Senior Tax Accoutant
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 29.02.2020
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Our continued growth and expansion creates additional challenges for our Finance team, as the more territories we operate in, the more complex our financial arrangements become. To support the ongoing growth of the business we are seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to support the Group Tax Manager in managing the tax affairs of the group.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a broad tax background to gain further experience and develop themselves in a vibrant FTSE 250 business. The role would be suitable for someone making their first move in-house or joining from within a large listed business to progress their career.
- Support the Group Tax Manager in the day to day running of the tax department including taking the lead on ad-hoc projects, when required
- Assist and manage the implementation of Group tax policies and appropriate tax governance controls with the support of the Group Tax Manager
- Assist the Group Tax Manager with HMRC risk reviews and other international tax audits
- Assist the Group Tax Manager with reviewing current Group Transfer pricing policies, ensuring the policies are adhered to and working on the implementation of adjusted policies
- Manage the Group direct tax compliance obligations for multiple jurisdictions. This will primarily involve acting as a contact point for external advisors, agreeing submission timetables which work both internally and with our external advisors together with providing all necessary data required to complete the direct tax filings
- Assist the Group Tax Manager with the preparation of Group IFRS tax provisions and FRS 102 tax provisions for the UK statutory accounts
- Work to ensure that tax advice and updates are communicated and implemented throughout the business, liaising with the most suitable teams and building an internal network
- Help manage the Assistant Tax Accountant in the team, offering support and guidance as necessary to develop your management skills
- A qualified accountant and / or tax accountant (ACA, ACCA, CTA) with post qualification experience in industry or practice (Big Four or leading Mid-Tier environment)
- A technically strong tax professional with in depth experience of Corporation Tax and tax accounting together with a broad general awareness of all other taxes. Whilst some level of VAT experience would be advantageous, it is not essential for the role
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail
- A strong communicator able to present confidently within the business
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply