Job Title: Sourcing Assistant
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 02.01.2020
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the Sourcing and Production department. The role will support the Sourcing team to ensure information is clearly communicated within the business and will assist in the management of our supply base. It is a key role in making sure that costing data is recorded accurately and efficiently and that processes run smoothly. The major responsibility in this role is to manage the resourcing process which saves the business several $m each year and ensures the emerging China business can buy product locally.
- Support the sourcing team in the global range selection process.
- Prepare samples for meetings and projects.
- Assist in tracking samples into the business for resourcing and costing purposes.
- Follow up on new supplier applications.
- Assist with setting up and tracking new suppliers and supplier inductions.
- Ensure costing and composition information is chased in for key meetings and in line with business deadlines.
- Keep costing sheets and our new Product Lifestyle System (PLM) up to date with latest prices and product details.
- Help to collate and record costing details for any additional product developments.
- Assist in product development, resourcing and design to customer projects.
- Be actively involved in the planning and running of supplier events.
- Support sourcing managers with any travel arrangements and trip preparations.
- Work closely and effectively with our Design, Garment Technology, Retail, Central Purchasing, Logistics and Ethical teams.
- Assist in communicating and obtaining accurate information across departments.
- Assist as required in updating systems including; Styleman, PLM and Supplier collaborator.
- Manage travel and training plans for HK office staff visiting UK
- Someone who has good product knowledge and has a real passion for product.
- A confident communicator.
- Analytical with strong excel skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive can do attitude.
- Eager to learn and have a willingness to develop a career within Sourcing.
- Good at working under pressure and can prioritise your work load.
- Able to handle large volumes of data and repetitive admin tasks, with accuracy.
- Able to work effectively on your own or as part of a team to achieve business objectives.
- Efficient and can work at pace to deliver to agreed timelines.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply