Job Title: Retail Systems Analyst
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 28.02.2020
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
You will be part of our IT team supporting, analysing and implementing changes to our retail and franchise systems in order to ensure we deliver continuous improvement and that the business is enabled to achieve its objectives and strategy.
In order for our stores to operate effectively, it’s vital that they are properly equipped with the right technology, and this is where our Retail Business systems team come in. We ensure that our stores have high quality systems from EPSOS to RFID. We work closely with our retail and franchise colleagues to understand the technology they need, then deliver world class scalable systems.
A background in technology is important, as is an understanding of retail, how stores operate and what they need. An ideal candidate would have an IT background, degree or similar qualification, coupled with experience of working in retail environment. We’re looking for analytical skills, a creative mind and a real people person.
- Ensure that our Retail IT systems are continuously improving by analysing and implementing business change requests
- Make sure our global expansion is supported by delivering IT solutions for new territories
- Manage IT system changes, document and played back to our stakeholders to ensure that all parties expectations are in line
- Subject systems changes to an agreed level of quality assurance to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Manage implementations in a way that reduces or removes risk as much as possible
- Manage key suppliers and 3rd party deliverables, ensuring they remain on time and to specification
- Maintain high standards of communication and reporting, where expectations are clearly set-out, with progress and issues reported appropriately
- Ensure that processes for managing and implementing change are continuously reviewed and improved upon to ensure that they remain efficient, effective and appropriate.
- Experienced in the retail industry, with experience in a store or a head office department that works closely with stores and third party suppliers of store equipment.
- Ideally having an understanding of in-store IT systems, their processes and the challenges they face
- Technically strong with a sound background in IT from education, experience or both, who has the capability to quickly understand and explain technical information and systems
- Ideally knowledgeable around database technologies, reporting or networking software applications.
- Able to translate real world problems into creative technical solutions that deliver real results to store colleagues
- Creative, with an innovative mindset and the ability to develop compelling solutions to challenging problems, but also with the ability to work effectively within established processes
- Attentive to detail, with the ability to juggle large volumes of diverse work
- A quick learner with the ability to pick up new things quickly, and a real thirst for knowledge
- Experienced in the management of pre-approved project budgets
- Inquisitive, with the ability to ask insightful questions and establish requirements from stakeholders and partners
- Able to form strong working relationships and get on with a diverse range of colleagues and suppliers
- Able to travel both nationally and internationally to Retail sites and 3rd party supplier offices
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply