Job Title: Customer Services Team Leader
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 13.12.2019
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We are recruiting for a Team Leader within the Customer Services department. The role involves line management of a team of around 10-15 people, rising to over 15 during peak trading around Christmas. This particular team is responsible for queries from our retail, ecommerce and eBay business, made via phone, email and social media. The Team Leader works closely with their people, leading and developing them, providing coaching, guidance, support and mentoring. The role also involves acting as Duty Manager for the entire contact centre, covering up to 30 people on any given shift. The centre is currently open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm at weekends, and the role works on a shift pattern involving one week of 8pm finishes and one weekend every four weeks. We’re looking for an experienced people manager with strong leadership skills gained within a customer services or contact centre environment.
- Lead and manage a team of 10-15 Customer Services Advisors, this number will increase during peak times around Christmas. Providing inspirational and highly effective leadership to the team.
- Continuously improve the capability of team members through quality monitoring, effective feedback, coaching, development and mentoring.
- Enable the delivery of an excellent customer experience through verbal and written communication to our customers and store colleagues. Encouraging the team to strive for customer satisfaction in order retain future custom through turning complainants into brand advocates.
- Set and manage overall objectives for individuals and the team as a whole, in line with agreed departmental objectives. Monitoring team performance, ensuring all customer enquiries are answered within agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Instil a culture of continuous professional development within the team to encourage career and personal growth.
- Act as Duty Manager for the entire contact centre on a regular basis, acting as the senior leader and an escalation point for all teams, not just your own.
- Manage the head office reception team, ensuring delivery of highly professional and helpful service to all visitors and callers.
- Provide the Customer Services Manager with effective management information, identifying areas for improvement and showing progress of individuals in relation to service performance, quality and training needs.
- Conduct root cause analysis and provide ongoing recommendations/solutions to improve processes and improve the company’s customer experience. Proactively assisting and implementing process improvements once they’ve been identified.
- Display effective organisation, planning and decision making skills.
- Someone with strong experience within a customer service management or team leadership role, this is essential. You must have directly line managed teams, not just supervised them.
- An individual who genuinely has the customer at the heart of every decision they make with a desire to improve business growth and sustainability through enhancing the customer experience.
- A brilliant leader, with the ability to lead and manage teams of 10-20 people and oversee teams of up to 30 people (up to 60 at peak times) while acting as Duty Manager for the contact centre.
- Someone with a strong passion for people, with evidence of line managing, coaching, developing, guiding, supporting and mentoring diverse teams, and providing inspirational leadership, is vital.
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry sector. We are flexible on which sector candidates come from, but we do need people from a business-to-consumer rather than business-to-business sector.
- Able to thrive within a high paced, high pressure and constantly changing environment is essential, as is the ability to work maturely and effectively with others, forming strong relationships and engaging professionally, cohesively and respectfully with people with differing views or from different cultures.
- Experienced in relevant project work, including systems implementation, would be a distinct advantage.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply