Job Title: Head of Sourcing
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 30.11.2019
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
With our business settling into the next phase of our evolution under new leadership. It is essential that we continue to develop a market-leading supplier base capable of supporting our fit & quality standards, new brand collections and servicing the requirements of our emerging markets. This needs to be achieved while also adhering to our ethical, sustainability and margin challenges.
To enable this, we are looking for an experienced Head of Sourcing from within the apparel industry. This personal will work closely with the Sourcing & Sustainability Director to lead, cultivate and set out the strategic vision for a global sourcing landscape equipped to service a £1.0bn global business. You will have worked at this level for at least 3 years and be well versed in all technical aspects of apparel sourcing.
You’ll also be up for a challenge. We are looking for an energetic strategic leader, capable of engaging and inspiring at all levels including internal stakeholders and the wider supply base.
- Develop, implement and deliver a global sourcing strategy and activities to support the agreed business objectives
- Inspire and lead the Sourcing function to fully commit to the achieving the strategic vision and objectives that deliver exceptional resourcing results to Superdry
- Introduce innovation, expertise and ideas to deliver Sourcing led competitive advantage
- Continue to develop a market leading supply base portfolio, ensuring that we are able to deliver our goals by delivering ‘right supplier and right location’, linked to amazing value
- Ensure the supply base meets our future ambitions including sustainability, ethical standards and automation
- Secure cost efficiencies through supporting the Sourcing team to effective negotiate with suppliers by accurately analysing costings with existing and potential suppliers
- Take full responsibility for analysing global demands, market development and forecasted needs to ensure that commercial opportunities are identified and capitalised on
- Support the Sourcing team as necessary throughout the cost negotiation, development and production stages to assess adherence to our ethical, technical and on-time compliance standards
- Manage Sourcing budget
- Deliver both country and supply base mix in line with seasonal plans
- Regularly report on all sourcing activity including supplier performance, country mixes, product category capability, new / exit suppliers and margin
- Drive supplier engagement and capability though performance improvement plans and innovation
- Experienced senior leadership with at least 3 years’ experience in this industry with demonstrable experience of leading a fast paced, dynamic and diverse function that delivers exceptional, measurable impacts on the overall success of the business.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit, energetic and fast paced to match the environment, demonstrating a real empathy and understanding of brands and maximising brand values.
- Someone with significant sourcing experience within the brand apparel industry, with a demonstrable track record of negotiation, dispute resolution and achievements
- Exceptional people leadership skills with the ability to instill a culture of high performance, motivation and achievement.
- Politically aware, with the ability to use direct and indirect influencing strategies
- Demonstrable level of problem-solving experience and working for a global company with multiple international businesses
- A commercial and strategic thinker with the capability to execute the role tactically, combined with a high degree of attention to detail
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key leaders in and around the business, equipped with the credibility to influence
- Extremely organised and able to keep on top of a large volume of communication from numerous stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Willing to travel to visit suppliers as required, including international travel
- Located within easy commuting distance of Cheltenham, or willing to relocate
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Bonus opportunity
- Car allowance
- Private Medical
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply