Job Title: Legal Counsel
Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Unit 60 The Runnings Cheltenham
Closing date for applications: 22.12.2019
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an energetic, driven and passionate Legal Counsel to join our Legal team in our Cheltenham head office. You will play a key role in supporting and enabling our growing and changing business. The role will revolve around risk, compliance and GDPR but will also have a strong commercial contracts focus. The legal team’s motto is “Enabling Creativation” and it works in close, trusted partnership with a number of key business decision-makers on a global scale.
- Own the compliance agenda on behalf of the legal team, and work closely with our internal audit and risk teams across the compliance spectrum.
- Enable Superdry to meet the necessary legislative obligations and drive the continuous improvement of Data Protection compliance throughout the business.
- Facilitate the ongoing development of Data Protection policies, practices and training to enable our people to adhere to these standards.
- Have day to day responsibility for managing key relationships with business stakeholders around the world.
- Support the growth of Superdry’s global wholesale business by advising on international franchise, distribution and agency agreements.
- Work with the property and retail teams supporting our global retail estate.
- Work with the marketing team on the formulation and activation of sponsorship agreements and ambassador and influencer contracts.
- Advise the business on procurement and non-stock supply agreements, such as IT and outsourcing deals.
- Provide advice and support on corporate transactions, including M&A deals, JV agreements and intragroup re-structuring arrangements.
- Manage some commercial litigation.
- Manage external counsel relationships in a cost effective way.
- A solicitor qualified to practice in England and Wales with up to 4 years of post-qualification experience, although other levels of candidate will be considered.
- Commercially-minded, with an understanding of business operations, commerce and finance.
- Technically capable with deep knowledge of the laws, regulations and processes which govern the key operative aspects of retail and consumer-led businesses.
- Ideally knowledgeable around Data Protection, Risk and Compliance law.
- Ideally experienced in working in a relevant in-house environment.
- Meticulous and take personal pride in your work, instilling this approach throughout your team, striving to run a team that produces high quality work.
- A strong communicator able to present confidently to senior level decision makers.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively with the whole team.
- Passionate, driven, high energy, resilient, and have an approach that embraces change, and an unflappable nature that helps you stay calm and functioning in challenging times.
- Located within daily commuting distance of our Cheltenham head office, or prepared to relocate.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply