Job Title: Footwear Designer
Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date for applications: 08.11.2019
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
With the recent appointment of Phil Dickinson as Creative Director, this truly is an amazing time to join the Superdry Design team and develop your career under the guidance of an industry leader.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Footwear Designer to be part of an exciting period of evolution for the Superdry brand. Working closely with the Head of Footwear and Brand Business Management Teams you will be responsible for creating new footwear designs with influences of sport, fashion and lifestyle to bring unique products to market, that address consumer, retailer, and company needs on a seasonal timeline.
You will be versatile and dynamic in order to drive newness and innovation across the category and most importantly, will be massively passionate about Footwear design.
Please include a portfolio of your work with your application.
- Support the development of the category strategy for Footwear
- Be an ambassador and influencer of Footwear commerciality, our Brand DNA and innovation within the team and wider business
- Lead and take ownership of your category option counts and sampling
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to influence your category and challenge the status quo where necessary to deliver the category strategy
- Support the Head of Footwear to shape the range and deliver the product vision
- Use your product knowledge and presentation skills to own and engage others in your category vision at key business presentations
- Produce creative and innovative Footwear designs with clear tech packs to produce ‘right first time’ samples
- Proactively action and/or follow briefs in new trim and labelling requirements for product and design spec packs
- Think about the core balance and newness, taking considered design risks to maintain credibility and interest in the range
- Actively contribute to the development of the sourcing strategy for your range
- Produce design overviews and product information required by other Superdry business functions such as selling events/marketing/styling/PR
- Design products to achieve the department pricing architecture – good, better, best
- Identify and deliver detailed style direction to develop existing products, as well as proposing new product opportunities for the Footwear range
- Combine your knowledge of the market, emerging trends, materials innovation and strategic direction from senior management to define the aesthetic direction for the product area implementing this direction and innovation into the development of the range
- Attend fit sessions with the technical team in order to maintain fit consistency within product area
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to drive performance within the range
- Lead by example and mentor junior members of the team
- An experienced footwear designer with a fashion, running, training or other performance category, with a design related degree
- Passionate about design and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the Superdry handwriting, brand DNA and our core/target customer
- Highly knowledgeable in colour, materials direction and innovation
- A great communicator with and enthusiastic and engaging manner
- An excellent presenter with influencing capability
- A solution focused problem solver
- Skilled in managing up and down
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- A collaborative team player
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn new skills and demonstrate a can-do approach
- Able to work with limited referral; self sufficient
- Experienced in using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PLM and Microsoft office
- Based within commutable distance to our head office in Cheltenham and available to travel internationally when required
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply