Job Title: Senior Internal Communications Manager
Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date for applications: 15.12.2019
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
A great opportunity for an experienced Senior Internal Comms Manager to lead the Communications Team in delivering timely, engaging and impactful communications to our store teams and lead all group communications to engage and inspire our global colleagues.
- Effectively manage the communications team, ensuring all communications to colleagues globally are timely, impactful and engaging.
- Develop a clear communication strategy to improve engagement on a global scale to colleagues everywhere.
- Manage the communications calendar to ensure comms are timely and effective.
- Build strong relationships with senior leaders across the businessl. Help them to understand the communications process, understand their requirements and build plans to deliver these objectives in a joined up and consistent way
- Fully understand our company tone of voice and communication style. Teach others how to use this in all communications.
- Collaborate with the HR and operational teams both in the UK and overseas to align with HR and engagement strategies.
- Ensure the Communications Creative team are sticking to brand guidelines and forging a positive relationship with the central creative function.
- Support with Ad-hoc group wide communication initiatives including the organisation of leadership events, strategic presentations and business updates.
- Review and evolve existing processes and procedures to ensure we get the best possible result and reaction from each communication while staying true to Superdry values.
- Ensure that Superdry gets the best value for money and effectiveness of communication tools including Workplace
- Constantly seek new ways to communicate and engage effectively with a diverse workforce based in store and head office locations
- Set up clear and easy to implement processes for group level and retail store communications to ensure that important messages are cascaded and delivered effectively in a timely manner
- Consider how communications influence and impact the internal and external customer base, and use customer insight to ensure communications have the desired impact on the customer
- Ensure the team are utilising a range of evaluation tools and metrics for each communication to identify key successes and learning points for the future
- Evaluate feedback from stores and Head Office on how communications are received and the effectiveness of their impact and use this feedback to inform future decision-making
- Lead a small team of communication specialists, coaching, developing and mentoring them to ensure high levels of performance, giving them the opportunity to stretch themselves
- Ideally experienced in working in a senior internal communications within a global retailer/brand, though we will consider other industry backgrounds. Your previous experience will be within roles focused on managing internal communications to a diverse audience, with a focus on engagement and creativity
- Preferably experienced with Workplace by Facebook
- Experienced in creating and owning strategic communications for a global, complex organisation
- A proven leader with the ability to manage, mentor, develop, coach and inspire others
- A strategist – able to analyse data and produce robust communications plans
- A strong communicator with excellent relationship building skills to proactively engage and influence at all levels
- Clear and concise in your written work
- Able to think creatively to provide solutions, ideas and improvements
- An excellent organiser with exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate about the Superdry brand
- Based in or within commutable distance to Cheltenham
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply