Job Title: Fabric Technician
Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date for applications: 30.11.2019
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 40hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
Superdry currently sells approximately 21 million units per annum globally, a volume that is forecast to increase to approximately 37 million units within the next 3 years. Our products are manufactured in China, Turkey, India and Sri Lanka, with some additional production in South East Asia. China is currently the largest production source and is growing in importance as the business is expanding rapidly into the US and China retail markets.
We already have sourcing offices in Istanbul and Delhi, and now have a Sourcing and Production office based in Hong Kong, where we have an opening for an experienced Fabric Technologist to join the team. Reporting into the Quality and Technical Manager the Fabric Technologist will drive and deliver a fabric and textiles program, setting high standards, achieving the best quality and consistency across our supply base.
- Oversee and resolve all production and operational issues related to fabric, quality in mills and also ensure all critical path & delivery deadlines are met
- Support in establishing mill evaluation standards, process & follow up
- Provide problem solving support, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation to improve mill performance
- Provide technical support and risk assessments to cross functional teams, with regard to fabric quality and related processes
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure fabric procedure and systems are understood and adhered to
- Assist in the maintenance of the fabric library, centralised fabric specifications and fabric testing
- Support in the training to textile mills & laundries in correct submission procedure
- Assist with base fabric approvals, documenting and recording any exceptions with Head Office, Regional Offices and mills
- Monitor the bulk fabric performance in terms of handle, colour and product integrity
- Escalate test report failures and quality non-conformance to the QA manager for review
- Support any fabric related projects as required
- Participate in relevant training on fabric quality
- Source fabrics of a consistent pre-agreed quality standard (in terms of physical,
- colour and continuity)
- Degree educated in either Textiles Chemistry or Textiles Technology, with significant experience in the textile industry (kitting / weaving, dying & finishing etc)
- Available to travel as and when required through China and Asia
- Highly experienced in garment trading or from a Buying Office background
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills, detail focused and intuitive. You are able to work effectively and build great relationships with your team, Head Office and offshore factories
- Able to report, communicate and present in English and it is essential that you can communicate with vendors and suppliers fluently in Chinese Mandarin
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- Health Insurance
- 50% online staff discount
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply