Job Title: Garment Tech
Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date for applications: 24.11.2019
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 40hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
We require an experienced Garment Technologist to develop and deliver products engineered for original design, cost, great fit and premium quality. You will have a passion for detail, great eye for fit and functionality. You will be an articulate and confident communicator, able to cope with multiple tasks setting the Superdry standards and meeting critical path timelines.
- Actively take ownership of quality, following the rejection process, collaborating with stakeholders
- Advise and create relevant technical Information/manuals required by Stakeholders, developing these together, delivering consistency
- Support the Fabric Technologist to coordinate and gain agreement of colour standards, fabric bases, ensuring colour and fabric tolerances are agreed early in the process
- Risk assess products, raising concerns that may cause delays or quality issues
- Manage suppliers to be accountable for their product development, quality and product delivery
- Ensure all products comply with current legislation, British standards and the requirements of the country they are delivered into
- Action and manage AQL or independent / factory inspection if required
- Carry out when necessary product audits at consolidation centres to ensure consistency of product
- Check PPS and SHS samples when required
- Ensure Suppliers are using the Superdry approved stand when fitting
- Check fit blocks and grading are maintained for all products and shared with relevant suppliers, ensuring product consistency across the Globe.
- Have fabric/technical knowledge of core product areas and an expert understanding of my product areas
- Deliver a programme of supplier partnership, both in country and in the UK office, training and assessing supplier performance
- Work closely with the Merchandising team to ensure the smooth delivery of product
- Offer solutions to issues when these arise and advice, collaborating with my Technical Manager before making decisions that affect quality standards or delivery timings
- Ensure technical pack assessment sheets are up to date, and clearly written to cover all aspects of the approval process
- Have a strong relationship with UK Garment Tech, Production Merchandising, Design, Sourcing and Buyers working cross functionally to deliver “best in class” product
- Follow critical path events with the Garment Tech team, Merchandising and suppliers to maintain agreed dates
- Work at pace and embrace change in a busy environment, coping effectively with the need to interact with varied people and product lines, with high demand in terms of output
- Educated to degree level/professional qualification level
- Knowledgeable in construction, fabric and production methods, fitting, size
- A confident communicator and maintain a strong working relationships
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload effectively in a fast moving and changing environment
- A strong decision maker who can work well under pressure.
- IT proficient with knowledge of ( Microsoft) office including Excel and Outlook
- Able to deal with basic negotiations.
- Able to work with an international supply base and prepared to travel to support deliveries.
- Enthusiastic and determined, with a passion for innovation and technology, team spirit and positive attitude
- Have a strong understanding of product construction, fit development, print techniques, washes, and stitch and minimum make standards.
- Proactive in your approach to resolving issues in a timely and effective manner
- Able to deliver business objectives to an agreed timeline consistently
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- 50% online staff discount
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
Download job description Apply