Job Title: Commercial Analyst
Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing date for applications: 24.10.2019
Hours: Permanent Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
As a truly global business we have a logistics operation to match. We ship millions of units of stock from our factories (predominantly in Turkey, India and China) to our distribution centres in the UK, Belgium, USA and Hong Kong, then onto our owned stores, franchise stores, wholesale customers and ecommerce customers. It’s an extremely complex operation requiring expert leadership, along with strong relationships with our international 3PL and freight partners.
As Commercial Analyst you will work with key business stakeholders and support the Finance Manager – Logistics (Reporting line to the UK Operations Manager) to strengthen the commercial relationships and contracts with all global 3PL providers. Providing Business Insights/Data to the Logistics Senior Leadership Team is a key aspect of the role, to support contract negotiations, and business improvements. The role will also involve managing Carrier/Upstream & Operational reporting which is a critical aspect of the role. The individual needs to have a continuous improvement mindset to ensure annual spend is controlled and effectively monitored, providing detailed financial reporting across all contracts/carriers & warehousing activities.
- Own the Weekly Carrier Flash Reporting, for all Carriers/Freight & Samples, with commentary to support Budget Variances.
- Update and Own “Cost to serve model” for Primary Freight.
- Update information on tracking/benchmarking platforms for Primary Freight.
- Support the Senior Commercial Manager in creating Operational Reports (Per Channel/DC/Fixed/Variable)
- Support Senior Commercial Manager with all Budget/Forecasting activities (Operations & Carriage)
- Conduct detailed analysis and modelling for carriage spend globally to include channel, surcharges & duty payments to support strategic or tactical carriage decisions
- Carry out monthly Capital Expenditure reporting and monthly Business Case reporting – Actual Vs Budget/Forecast
- Do weekly Volume analysis – 3PL reports Vs Internal Reports (Looker)
- Support quarterly rate reviews with all carriage providers globally (Primary & Secondary)
- Support annual commercial negotiations with carriers/GNFR Suppliers
- Provide comprehensive data sets to support business tenders
- Conduct commercial analysis of B2B & B2C proposition changes
- Create and produce monthly Initiative file, with actuals Vs budget
- Ensure prior due diligence is done to ensure that detailed cost benefit analysis is completed before Business Case sign off and post-delivery analysis is completed
- Administer the “Tender for Service” financial activities as required by the Logistics Tender Schedule
- Someone with experience in a Commercial role and knowledgeable of the logistics sector
- Commercially astute in order to drive appropriate decision making at contract level and globally
- Experienced in Financial Modelling
- Adept with different IT systems and software; advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Able to work effectively in an autonomous environment whilst retaining regular links with key stakeholders in the business across the globe
- Happy to commit to occasional travel to our DC in Burton upon Trent
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand
Download job description Apply