Superdry is a genuine British success story. From our inception in 2003 we have grown into a global business with over £1billion of Superdry product sold across the world each year. We sell on a truly global basis through a broad range of channels, including owned retail stores, franchise stores, our own ecommerce websites, partner ecommerce sites, large multi-brand store chains and smaller independent retailers. There are well over 500 Superdry branded retail locations in over 50 countries, and via our ecommerce and wholesale markets we have enabled the Superdry brand to reach almost every country in the world.
We have delivered incredible increases in revenue and profit year-on-year and are considered by investors to be one of the most exciting growth brands today. Details of our strategic vision, together with our latest business and financial results, can be found on our corporate website www.corporate.superdry.com.
We have gone from strength to strength in recent years, and our results for the financial year ending April 2018 are testament to how well we are doing as a business. Here are some highlights.
- Total sales up 16% to £872m
- Global Brand Revenue increased by 22.1% to £1.604bn
- Underlying profit before tax will be between £96.5m and £97.5m (exact number to be confirmed in full results announcement in July 2018)
- Ecommerce sales growth 25.8%
- Wholesale sales growth of 29.6%
- Euan Sutherland, our former Chief Executive Officer, commented on the full year results:
"Superdry has delivered another good year of brand revenue and profit growth as we have sharpened our focus on our successful Global Digital Brand strategy. We benefit from a clear brand positioning, an agile infrastructure that serves our global consumers through a truly multi-channel proposition and increasing operational excellence. Our multi-channel proposition means consumers can choose how they want to engage with the brand, allowing them to switch easily between our stores and our digital channels.
While the consumer environment remains challenging, we are confident that Superdry's reputation for quality, design detail and strong value for money, underpinned by our continued investment in the business, leaves us well placed. We remain focused on the growth opportunities ahead and confident in the quality of sustainable earnings growth we can deliver over the long-term."
In 2017 we launched our new strategic plan - Superdry 5.0. This approach, which has evolved organically from our previous plan, will see us become a truly global digital brand, utilising cutting-edge technology and influencer-led marketing to deliver continued growth though a multi-channel approach combining ecommerce, wholesale, owned retail stores and franchise stores.
The Superdry 5.0 name derives from this being the fifth major step change in the history of the company. From the creation of the Superdry name to its establishment as a standalone brand, to stock market flotation followed by an accelerated global growth phase, we’ve come a long way in 15 years. This strategic evolution will take us to the next level of success, as we continue our journey from Great to Amazing.
The 5.0 Strategy
Global Digital Brand
- Clear brand purpose
- Quality fit and design excellence
- Iconic products and category ownership
- Broadening customer base
- Digital multi-channel capability
- Digital business processes
- More than 5,000 new styles introduced every year
- Sector leading low level of quality returns
- SuperDesign Lab
- Harmonised global range
- Global category leadership in: - Outerwear, Hoods, Sweats and Graphics
World Market Opportunity
- Global growth through 8 channels
- EU, USA, China major market focus
- Digital reach to 148 countries
- Wholesale growth in new and existing markets
- Sector leading owned store returns: New, low cost super fast stores and flexible short lease commitments
- Optimised global range
- Cross-channel 4 season buying
- Investment in colleague learning and development
- Best of breed I.T
- More product directly sourced
- Global consolidation and distribution centre network
These pillars are underpinned by “doing the right thing” through our Super Responsible 40 goals:
- 100% organic cotton
- 100% renewable electricity
- 100,000 young people positively contributing to their community
For more information take a look at our corporate site
You may also like
Life in Head Office
Find out more about what it's like to work at Head Office and our learning and development programme.Find out more
Working in Retail
Find out more about our retail stores and how we work here at Superdry.Find out more
View all of our locations worldwide and search via an interactive map.Search now