Job Title: Store Development Project Manager – Franchise Stores
Closing date for applications: 16-07-2017
Hours: Full Time - 37.5hrs
Please note that some jobs may be closed earlier than the published closing date if we get a high volume of applications. We therefore advise that you complete your application at your earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
This role is to project manage the fit out of a global portfolio of new mainline Superdry franchise and new Superdry Sport concept stores. It will involve working closely with the design team within the Store Development department, and our franchise partners globally, to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the high quality of finish expected.
- Manage and facilitate projects as assigned in line with the global franchise store opening programme
- Survey potential new sites and report suitability, risks and recommendations, advising on dilapidation and repair issues and likely costs
- Liaise with landlords and developers to agree requirements and negotiate shell specifications, maximising benefit to SuperGroup
- Agree realistic programmes of work with franchisees and ensure that target opening dates are met, while updating the business with timely communications
- Work with the Design, Retail and Visual Merchandising teams to ensure all requirements are communicated and met
- Steer the design process to ensure the design package is produced in a timely manner and in accordance with landlord, planning and statutory requirements in local territory
- Oversee the ordering of all necessary materials and fixtures, ensuring that payments are made in a timely manner
- Manage relations between franchisees, contractors, suppliers and consultants, ensuring they are aware of their areas of responsibilities
- Communicate the design philosophy to contractors (who are non-fluent in English in some cases) and franchise partners to ensure that each store has the impact and depth required by the design team
- Provide technical support during the entire construction process by means of site visits and weekly desktop reports, provide solutions to site specific problems and ensure that the stores are constructed strictly in accordance with the design and the standard details.
- Ensure all contractors meet SuperGroup’s standards in their quality of work, service and Health and Safety
- Highly experienced in retail store design and fit-out project management with a quality brand retailer
- Alternatively, working in an equivalent role for a commercial contractor servicing the retail market
- Ideally experienced in the fashion retail sector, though this is not essential
- Ideally holding a relevant degree or technical qualification, though this is not vital
- A strong influencer and negotiator, dealing robustly with suppliers, partners and regulatory bodies
- Able to manage and direct a skilled multi-disciplinary project team
- Able to work under pressure, highly organised with the ability to handle multiple projects
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with excellent verbal and written English skills, any other languages an advantage
- Reliable, trustworthy, honest and with strong integrity
- A great problem solver, drawing on industry experience to provide quick technical/design solutions
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A strategic thinker with the added ability to follow clear processes
- As this is a global role, projects may be based anywhere in the world and significant travel will be expected. As such, candidates should consider carefully before applying if such a role fits with their own personal lifestyle and domestic situation
What we offer
- Excellent basic salary, Pension, Life insurance, 50% staff discount
Download job description Apply Send to a friend